Very Sunken Eyes. What Are My Options? (photo)

My eyes are so sunken, I have had doctors say they don't know what to do. Others say fat injections. I am very nervous about making the problem look worse. The skin seems to be directly over bone and the eyes are very deep.

Doctor Answers 3

Very Sunken Eyes. What Are My Options? (photo)

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You would need to be evaluated first, but fillers may be an option.  Restylane is a good filler for this area and is reversible in case you don't like it.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Treatment for Sunken Eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I assume you are talking about the hollowness in your upper eyelid area.  I would need more information to accurately answer your question.  Did you have surgery in the past around your eye and what specifically concerns you?


For the hollowness above your eyes, I would first inject the region with a hyaluranic acid filler.  It will help with the hollowness, but there are limitations.


Fat grafting around the eye must be done cautiously.  The skin around the eye is thin and subtle abnormalities from the fat transfer can be easily seen. 


There are options for the treatment of sunken eyes.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I agree with doctor Goldberger.  Restylane is a very safe product around the eyes and totally reversible if you do not like the results of treatment.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.