Eyes Are Uneven After Getting Hit

Why are my eyes uneven?? Not aligned perfectly. So, i got into a fight a couple weeks ago. She hit me really hard in the face, and eye, but i thought i just got a bump. i was wearing contacts at the time, and lost one of them. Now, i (and my sister pointed it out) just realized that my right eye is lower than the left eye. Im feeling extremly depressed. To add on their is a little bump on the right side of my forhead (it thumps a bit). I dont know what to do.

Doctor Answers 3

Uneven eyes after being hit

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You need to be evaluated by a surgeon (plastic surgeon, ophthalmologist or otolaryngologist) as you may have sustained a fracture of the bone around the eyeball. If so and the eyeball has shifted out of place you need to have that fixed ASAP because after awhile the soft tissue changes become irreversible. There is a small chance that a muscle was injured & this may resolve on its own as the muscle recovers but it is not worth taking the chance. Get a proper evaluation by the appropriate doctor.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Uneven eyes after trauma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You may have an orbital blow out fracture where the injured eye dropped down.  You may have numbness in the cheek as well.  You need to go to get this evaluated immediately, as your window to get it fixed is closing.

Uneven eyes after trauma.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

See an ophthamologist or plastic surgeon in your area for evaluation. One can't say what is going on without examining you.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.