Loss of facial volume nose looks bigger, am I a suitable candidate for a rhinoplasty or a septoplasty? (photos)

Hi, I have always wanted to correct the tip of my nose. And since I've lost some facial volume my nose looks a bit bigger if that makes sense.. So the angle is different than it used to be. I don't think my nose is fundamentally bad or in need of a radical change, I do like my profile but considering the shape of my face (Cheeks, width of eyes) is it rather, a septoplasty or rhinoplasty? Also I have lost volume in my upper lip, so I'd like to correct that too

Rhinoplasty and lip volume

Susanna, thank you for your question. To answer the first part of your question, a septoplasty will not address what is concerning you.  I agree, you have a nose that has a great profile, however, it is lacking in definition when looking at how it fits within your face.  A closed rhinoplasty would allow us to help improve the definition of your nose to give it greater contour, while maintaining an elegant profile that is unchanged.  The key would be in refining the nasal tip cartilages, as well as ensuring that they fit with the rest of the nose.  As far as the lip volume is concerned, I would recommend you start with with a light filler, like volbella or restylane silk.  Your lips are already voluminous - you don't want to go overboard! That being said, improved definition and better volume can definitely be achieved in your case, just to "plump" them a little bit and give them a youthful perk.  I hope some of this helps! Best of luck.  

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD