Microneedling for sensitive, prone to redness skin?

Can I have microneedling used on thin, sensitive and prone to rosacea skin? Thank you for the answers.

Microneedling Treatment

Thank you for your question!  Yes, Microneedling can be done on many skin tones and types including sensitive and those prone to rosacea.  You may experience an increase in redness immediately following the treatment which will resolve.  There are also skin care products that can be used during or immediately following the treatment to help minimize the redness.  The depth of the needles can also be adjusted depending on how well your skin tolerates the treatment to help you get the best results for your specific skin type. You may want to contact a dermatologist re: your rosacea to optimize your treatment.  Best of luck!

Kind regards,

Dr. Mehta

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

#Microneedling for sensitive skin #Williamsville, NY

There are many treatments and combining best will give you the best outcome. Less aggressive (less depth) and more frequent microneedling may be best for sensitive skin. 

Microneedling + PRP is better than microneedling alone.

Dr H Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Microneedling

Thank you for your question about microneedling.
Yes, you can have microneedling treatment performed. You may experience a longer period of redness after treatment than most patients, but it will subside. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment with

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Yes you can have micro needling even if you are prone to redness and rosacea.

Yes you can have micro needling even if you are prone to redness and rosacea. You might be pink for the day depending upon your degree of reactivity.

Microneedling for sensitive skin

Thinner skin can sometimes be treated to help thicken the area however I don't feel it is good for people who have sensitive skin, such as rosacea, we've found that it can cause additional flareups.