No Energy 16 Days After Rhinoplasty + Headaches, What is Wrong?

I had rhinoplasty and septoplasty 16 days ago. Physically, I am happy with the results, but I am surprised that even after 16 days my energy levels have not returned to normal. I found dinner with friends in a restaurant to be a real challenge. I'm also not sleeping well and getting headaches. Is all of this normal?

No Energy Post Rhinoplasty

So sorry you are not feeling well.  Your Plastic Surgeon may require that you visit with your primary care physician for testing and labs. Your blood count could be low.  Follow up with your doctors as soon as possible, as you should feel well and have your energy back.

Convalescence after rhinoplasty is variable.

Most patients is substantially recovered 16 days after rhinoplasty. However, there are those that may suffer a bit longer. It would be in your best interests to check with your surgeon however.

Headaches after rhinoplasty

You should see your surgeon.  You may have some sinus issues.  The swelling may not allow sinus drainage and could cause frontal headaches.  This is only one possibility.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Tired post rhinoplasty

Tiredness after surgery is common in the short term as the body rallies to recover from the procedure.

By 2 weeks things should be getting back to normal thought and I suggest you let your GP and surgeon know.  I blood count is a simple way to ensure you are on track and reassure you that these symptoms will pass.

Jeremy Hunt 

Tired feeling after a rhinoplasty

Your symptoms do seem to be a bit unusual and may require a little medical investigation.  If you are feeling tired and have a rapid heart rate when you move from the sitting to the standing position it is possible that you have a low blood count.