How much will it cost me to put my nose back in place? (photo)

I've had my nose broken for 10 years and I'm wondering how much will it cost me to put it back in place I've had breathing problem and get alot of headaches.

Cost to Repair Broken Nose

An examination of your nose will be necessary to determine the cost to improve the appearance and function of your nose after previous trauma. Your health insurance policy will probably pay for some of this work to improve your obstructed breathing.

Cosmetic rhinoplasty and functional breathing surgery

A thorough internal examination of the nose is required to determine the cause of the breathing problems. There are many issues on the inside of the nose that can cause difficulty breathing, such as turbinate hypertrophy, allergies, chronic sinusitis, a deviated nasal septum, and valve collapse. Each one of these issues are treated differently with medications or surgery. It's also important to try and fail medical management first before undergoing surgical intervention. Functional nasal surgery for breathing is typically billed to the patient's medical insurance, once medical necessity has been documented, at the time of  the examination. Co-pays and deductibles are also  factored into the cost of any functional nasal surgery. A cosmetic rhinoplasty to straighten the crooked nose can be performed at the same time. This usually involves osteotomies and a spreader graft placed in the midportion of the nose on the concave side. For more information including our current price list for rhinoplasty and many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below

Nose Back in Place

Costs for rhinoplasty are difficult to estimate, as it depends on the facility, anesthesia fees, surgeon's professional fees, some geographic variation, and whether or not insurance will cover a portion of the "medically necessary" portions of the procedure.  I recommend consulting with several experienced rhinoplasty surgeons in your area to get an idea of what's involved with the procedure, and the cost.

Dr. Michael Epstein

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Cost

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. In regards to the cost, it varies based on surgeon and location. I can tell you that the RealSelf average cost for a rhinoplasty is between $7,000-$8,000. You may need a septoplasty as well to correct your breathing problems and help with your headaches, this can be covered by your insurance if they consider it medically necessary. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon