Have I ruined my nose??! (photos)

It all started one year ago when I had ocd with how pointy my nose was, because once I realized I could see my nose at all times I got really bothered and started trying to pull it to make it less pointy. "I know, I'm so so weird." Eventually I guess my nose got swollen because it wasn't as pointy anymore, but after that I just kept doing it as a nervous habbit, and now I've finally noticed I was doing it and stopped because now it's obviously.. big. Is this how a swollen nose looks?

Ruined nose?

No you did not ruin it. A rhinoplasty performed by a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon can give you a more refined tip etc. without having to pinch your tip.

Nose swollen, wide bulbous tip

The good news is that a rhinoplasty will likely help your problem greatly and you won't have to squeeze on your nasal tip!

Brent Moelleken, MD

Nose appearance

Thank you for the question and an examination is needed but that said I would speak to your family MD or therapist about some of your issues as your pulling on your nose etc is probably a reflection of emotional issues you are dealing with that should be addressed

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD