How Effective is FaceTite Compared to Thermage?

I'm surprised that there are no FaceTite reviews on this site even though the treatment has been around for a while. I received Thermage threapy with no noticeable results. Is Facetite more effective? Facetite appears to be far more serious and much more "invasive" procedure. Does the more invasive approach affect its popularity? How does the effectiveness compare to Ultherapy?

Facetite vs Thermage vs Ultherapy

Let's explain the difference between these 3 types of procedures.  

Facetite is more like a scarless surgical procedure since it involves the insertion of a radiofrequency probe underneath the skin through a needle entry point. The science has shown that fat will coagulate at 40-42 degrees Centigrade.  Patients can actually hear visible popping of fat and some contraction is seen during the procedure.  Temperatures are highly regulated (1000 x per second).  In my opinion, this offers patients the most robust version of a non-surgical facelift to date and offers patients a viable alternative to facelifts.  While results will likely be the most dramatic with Facetite, patients will have the most downtime with this procedure.

Thermage uses an external applicator and attempts to bulk heat the soft tissue through the epidermis.  Temperature is not as highly regulated and it is very hard for an external bulk heating device to visibly affect tissues.  Results on thermage are highly variable end.  

Ultherapy uses ultrasound energy to travel through the skin to contract the underlying SMAS layer.  Ultherapy has been around for several years and seems to be more of a maintenance device with a much smaller percentage of patients experiencing lifting like effects.  Ultherapy is not designed to coagulate/contract fat.

These newer technologies represent exciting approaches to scarless face, neck, and body contraction of tissues. 

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facetite vs Thermage vs Ultherapy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

FaceTite compared to Thermage

Thank you for your question. Thermage has been around for a number of years whereas FaceTite received FDA approval in 2016. Hence, there are fewer reviews of the FaceTite. Thermage uses unipolar radio-frequency (RF) to tighten tissue and is non-invasive. Treatments can be uncomfortable and it usually takes more than one treatment to attain satisfactory results. FaceTite is a minimally invasive device that uses bi-polar RF energy to destroy fat and tighten the skin. With the FaceTite procedure a small probe is inserted into an area that has been numbed with tumescent fluid. A second probe runs on the surface of the skin and the RF energy runs between the two probes. This focuses the energy on the underside of the dermis (skin) to get significant tightening. I believe this is the most effective skin tightening device on the market. You will have downtime of 5-10 days with FaceTite. I do not have Ultherapy to compare it with, but Ultherapy uses focused ultrasound energy to heat and tighten the target tissue. Treatments can be expensive and uncomfortable. Best results are seen with more than one treatment session. I hope this was helpful - Dr. Moore. 

FaceTite compared to Thermage

FaceTite is not effective.

I reviewed the technology used in FaceTite and found it scientifically unsound. Also, it damages the tissue. With FaceTite a heated cannula is inserted in to the tissue to cause contraction in a limited area. We tested Ultherapy, and found that our patients looked good for a few days, and then the effects were lost--so the tightening was only temporary. We also tested Titan, and found it to be a disappointed. Thermage, on the other hand, delivers uniform and precise heating across all of the collagen on the face, eyes, abdomen, and thighs. We pass multiple times across each area to capture and re-coil the loose collagen in the entire area, millimeter by millimeter. I do not get paid to endorse Thermage..it's just the best non-invasive tightening procedure that I can find.

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

FaceTite is not effective.

Christine Glavey, MD (retired)
Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon