What's the difference between lip fillers and lip injections? (photos)

I've never had my lips done before, I want to get them done. I want to know the difference between the two and which one is better. Also what the price range usually is

Lip injection

Lip injections are the procedures done to help plump the lips.  Lip fillers are the product that is used to inject into the lip to do the plumping. Good luck.

Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

You should start out with maybe 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

What's the difference between lip fillers and lip injections?

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Lip injections refer to the process of placement of fillers into the lips. They are all done by injections.  Though Botox can be placed into the lips to improve the lines developing from puckering, lip augmentations are done with dermal fillers.  Depending on the type, and amount, of filler used, you could anticipate spending between 400 and 1000 dollars

Filler VS Permalip

Thank you for your question.  Lip Enlargement, is a procedure which involves adding volume to the lip either by permanent lip implants such as PermaLip™, or via an injectable lip filler. This gives lips a fuller appearance and reduces the fine lines and wrinkles. It will help effectively fight the signs of ageing, improve your smile, and leave your lips looking wonderfully natural.Lip Fillers (Juvederm or Restylane) are a good temporary solution, costing approximately £280, lasting 4-6 months.  PermaLip™ are revolutionary lip implants that are designed to look and feel natural, yet enhance your lip volume to your desired size.  It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural look.Please find a reputable and qualified surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  All The Best

Lip injections

Lip injection is a generic term it could be mean fillers are being placed. On occasion I have injected the fine lines of the lips with botox to soften them, but they do not augment the lips.

Nonsurgical Lip Augmentation Uses Injectable Fillers

Nonsurgical lip augmentation typical entails the use fillers and volumizing fillers that must be injected skillfully and appropriately within the body of the lips, border of the lips (vermilion) and when necessary into the Cupid's Bow and Philtrum regions of the upper lip. I have been performing these procedures for many years and to the best of my knowledge, the phrase "lip injections" is simply an abbreviated, lay person description for nonsurgical lip augmentation via the use of injectable volumizers and fillers.

Prices depend upon the the extent of the treatment, i.e. how many of the above areas require treatment, which material(s) are used and how much of each are needed. Prices, therefore may vary from $975 to $475. Best to consult a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in nonsurgical lip augmentation. Be sure to ask to see his/her before and after photos.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD