Hair fall after 1st PRP session. Is that normal?

Hi i have done 1st prp hair treatment session two weeks ago and im noticing increased hair fall is that normal post the first session?

Hair Loss and PRP

Hair loss after the first PRP has been described.  It should be temporary from the shock of the anesthesia or from other factors undiagnosed factors.  It would be best to have a thorough evaluation of your hair loss with blood tests to assess.  Best, Dr. Green

PRP Injections

Hair loss that you have mentioned does not seem to have any correlation with the PRP.General growth cycle for hair is 6-8 weeks so there should be another reason beneath your hair loss problem . If you started or quit any hair loss treatment lately please consider that as a high potential reason.

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair fall after PRP

In my opinion, hair fall is extremely rare after PRP. I don't know what other preparations or medications you are using. It is possible that if you're using minoxidil or some other medication and you have altered  your treatment regimen, you may be losing hair. The few instances that I have seen of hair loss after PRP occurred at a later time and was associated with an extracellular matrix or  Acell combined preparation reaction. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair loss after PRP treatment

A full cycle of hair growth is 6 weeks, so seeing hair loss at 2 weeks doesn't mean its the PRP causing it.  After about 8 weeks you should see new follicle production "baby hair" forming. We take photos before each treatment so that you can see the difference in your hair follicles.

The results are well worth it the wait! Be well.

#PRP #plateletrichplasma #hairloss

Hair restoration after PRP

Generally, a full cycle of hair growth is 6 weeks; so the two are unrelated in this case. After about 8 weeks you should see new follicle production "baby hair" forming. We take photos before each treatment so that you can see the difference in your hair follicles.

Hang in there, the results are well worth it!

#PRP  #plateletrichplasma   #hairloss