How long does it take to see results from PRP on face or scalp?

PRP on Face and Scalp and Results

It usually takes 3 to 4 treatments of PRP on the scalp and 3 treatments of PRP on the face with microneedling such as the Eclipse to see the best results.  Ongoing maintenance is key for both to continue hair growth  and continue to prevent new wrinkles for the face. Please contact an expert for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Face within 2 weeks, scalp within 3-4 months

It depends. Face- super quick results as it aids in healing time. I often combine this treatment with energy based micro needling devices such as INFINI or straight forward Dermapen.

For the scalp - the aim in androgenetic alopecia is to slow down the process, excess hair growth, in my opinion can be considered a bonus. Males need 2 treatments as a primer, the one PRP every 6 months. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

PRP for face and scalp

The usage of PRP for the face and scalp are for different indications. PRP is used on the face for skin rejuvenation and is often combined with micro needling. We also use it postoperatively for laser procedures and other procedures that disrupt the skin surface. PRP has the ability to allow the skin to heal faster. Results are usually visible from day one as I feel it  allows skin to heal approximately 30% faster.
When injected underneath the skin it acts as a skin rejuvenator. PRP injections into the scalp are most common for androgenic type hair loss. It has the ability to thicken the hair and decrease the hair loss. It usually takes 2 to 4 months to see these results. Find a physician who has experience in using prp for different indications. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon