Is it safe to take a train home after BBL?

I would like to have lipo and a Brazilian butt lift. I'm looking into traveling to Miami for the surgery. After staying in Miami for 10 days would it be safe to travel back home to upstate New York on the train (36 hour ride) in a cabin with 2 beds and me ambulating ever few hours? Thanks in advance

BBL and travel

It might be better to have it done locally so you do not have to travel and you can get appropriate post-op care.  Best of luck.

As long as you are able to lie down on your stomach on one of the beds and not sit directly on your buttocks you should be fine. It is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions though, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must sit on your buttocks for longer periods, I definitely do recommend the BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...Yes dear, but not right after. Of course you can get a train but you will have to know that sometimes our body can be in pain when we move, so take that into consideration and when you're at the train, try to stand up and walk a bit if you can...

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD