Please advice on BBL. I have thin thighs and I feel like my body will not look proportional after Brazilian Butt Lift. (photos)

I am 5'2 and weigh about 110 pounds. I feel like i have enough fat around my upper body for bbl, however i am afraid i will not be satisfied with the overall look because of my thin thighs.

A BBL may be a good procedure for you, but you would n need to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  Best of luck.

Ideal BBL Candidates

A Brazilian Butt Lift involves fat transfer to the buttock to improve the its size and shape. The final result is influenced by what shape the patient has to start with, the retraction of the skin after liposuction, the amount of fat grafted, and how much fat survives (50%-70%). 

The ideal BBL patient is at or near their ideal weight and is looking for shaping and a moderate augmentation of their buttock. Based on your pictures I think you would have a nice result.

See the link below for more info.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical treatment and help estimated amount of fat that is available for transfer. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Actually you're an excellent candidate for a Brazilian butt lift. The concept of butt augmentation with fat grafts certainly involves enhancing its volume, but just as significant, is the ability to shape the surrounding areas as well. Harvesting from the hip and flank areas will actually make your buttocks appear larger even if fat is not even injected into them because of the change in proportion and relationship. These concepts are important to help patients understand what the final outcome will look like. It is also important to understand that a large buttocks with an unattractive shape is certainly not as desirable as a shapely one which may be smaller in volume. Finally there are limitations to the amount of fat that can be placed into the buttocks, and although you may read of patients having excessive amounts placed, these are often fraught with problems postoperatively due to the inability of the fat to integrate into the surrounding tissues unhealthy ways that minimize complications.

In any case, I would certainly recommend a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in these matters. Please feel free to visit my website and the attached a video link for detailed descriptions including surgical procedures on this technique. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and see if you are a good candidate for BBL or not. You do not have a lot of excess fat so you won’t see dramatic results in the buttocks area but you will have a nice, subtle curvier silhouette that will be proportional for your body. Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Please advice on BBL. I have thin thighs and I feel like my body will not look proportional after Brazilian Butt Lift.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you to first gain weight, and then you can think about doing a bbl, because right now you have a very thin beautiful skin that doesn't have to be performed right now, Later then, after you gain weight, you will be able to get the look you've dreamed with...

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I think you will have a beautiful result. You are thin and don't have a lot of excess fat, so your BBL will be conservative. BUT you will gain a nice curvy shape and some projection to your buttocks. I don't think your result will be dramatic enough to look disproportionate against your thighs. Because you are worried, it is best to find a board certified plastic surgeon that does a lot of these procedures and talk with them about your goals/expectations. 

Thin patients for BBL

You likely are not a very good candidate for a fat transfer to the buttock. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person but for more information watch this brief video.

William Bruno, MD

Advice on a BBL?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.