Can I go to rollercoaster after my eye surgery, is been 3 weeks. Is safe or not? I have lower blepharoplasty. (photo)

I want to know it is to early to get on rollacoaster,i did my eye surgery 3 weeks ago Im a little concern about the air presure on rides,i want you opinion before go to any attraction park,or how long i should wait or you recomend me is propper thanks

Blepharoplasty and vigorous activity

At the 6 week mark, your eyelids are still healing.  This skin is the most delicate in the body.  You should always ask your doctor about what level of activity is advisable based on your healing process. 

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Activities after lower lid blepharoplasty

When in doubt, hold off on the activity. Some roller coasters are brutal on the intravenous pressure and the G-forces on the face. This could stir up some bleeding and extend the bruising. Why take a chance after you have come through the surgery and are looking so good?!

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yes, I would not recommend this.

Usually, we recommend no strenuous activity for 6 weeks. Rollercoaster will fall in this category. You may have increase inter-cranial pressure by being upside down and that can cause serious complication, such as severe bleeding.  

Eye surgery and roller coaster

By three weeks you may be ok to go on a roller coaster. Best to ask your surgeon if it is OK. He should have the final decision.

Rollercoaster after Blepharoplasty

Thank you for posting your photo and sharing your case.  In most cases, it is perfectly fine to return to normal activity three weeks after eyelid surgery.  Make sure that your surgeon is aware of your concerns.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower Lid Blepharoplasty Post Op Instructions

In general four weeks after a lower lid blepharoplasty, a patients physical activity is unrestricted however, common sense prevails. Some rides at attraction parks are associated with relatively high G forces which may cause discomfort or pain. You may want to avoid those rides. Please consult with your surgeon.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Roller coaster ride 3 weeks after lid surgery

It is absolutely safe to go on a rollercoaster at this point in time.  I tell my patients to not worry about any restriction of activities by 3 weeks. Hope you have fun.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Rollercoasters and eyelid surgery

Going on a rollercoaster 3 weeks after eyelid surgery should not affect your results.  Changes in air pressure are more extreme on airplanes than rollercoasters and I tell my patients that they can fly a week after surgery and have not had any problems.  You should be just fine.  
Cody Koch

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon