Can Veneers correct an edge to edge bite? Only 4 or 5 teeth are edge to edge.

Dental Veneers

Hey,Great question. I know there are several dentists who do veneers for patients with edge to edge bite, but I personally avoid doing that. I feel the chances of the veneer chipping off or breaking are much greater with such a bite. I would rather you consider orthodontic treatment or full crowns to address your problem.

India Dentist

#Veneers to correct edge to edge bite #DrSoftTouch

Hello Rebecca,
Porcelain veneers and crowns can be used to effectively correct an edge to edge bite. I would recommend seeing an experienced cosmetic dentist for a complete evaluation.  I always recommend looking at before and after photos when choosing your dentist. They will give you a good idea about what you can expect. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Veneers to Correct Bite Problems

Very good question.  The answer is really dependent on your individual case.  Without photos and an evaluation there is no way for a definitive answer to be given. Generally speaking, the answer is that in many cases Veneers can correct edge to edge bite issues.  However, the rest of the "picture" must also be addressed. Why is there an edge to edge bite? Any TMJ problems?  Are the teeth worn down from this bite? In many cases, orthodontics could be completed and the teeth still need to be restored due to damage and to restore the teeth to their correct length.  Other considerations are the esthetics.  Will your teeth appear too long if veneers are used?  Perhaps have several consults with cosmetic dentist who have interests in bite issues and orthodontists as well.

Ronald Konig DDS
Houston Dentist

Edge to edge bite can be corrected with veneers?

Edge to Edge bite have to be handled by orthodontic devices Never with veneers. Edge to edge bites, cross bites, partially edentulous areas in the mouth, bruxism and clenching habits are conditions that makes a patient NOT candidate for any kind of veneers.

Jose Alonso, MD, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist

Seek a consultation

You should seek a consultation by a cosmetic dentist or orthodontist to evaluate your condition. It could be possible, but it might not be the best option.  You will get a proper opinion if you are seen in person.