When can I start using saline rinse after a rhinoplasty?

I had a closed rhinoplasty 4 days ago, so after 6 hrs they let me go home with just antibiotic and pain killer and they told me no need to come back to see the doctor before 7 days to remove the splint ...i called to doctor 2 days ago i asked him if i can use saline rinse coz im so uncomfortable with the congestion and he said no need don't use anything.... so im seeking a second opinion sinse i saw a lot of fourums talking about how saline tinse help ..... Thank you for your help

Saline spray after rhinoplasty

Saline spray is not mandatory after rhinoplasty, but it can be very helpful in reducing scabbing inside the nostrils. This becomes very beneficial when the time comes to remove the splints from the nostrils (if they were used) as there will be minimal scabbing and therefore easy access to the splints.

Saline spray after rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

POST RHNOPLASTY CARE

Hi thanks for your query,Well immediate the next day saline douching can be undertaken gently to soften the crusts and to keep the  nasal air way patent.it also benefits to prevents from synechiae formation.But do discuss and follow your surgeons advice.

POST RHNOPLASTY CARE

Post Op Rhinoplasty care

Thank you for your question.  It is very difficult to make recommendations on other surgeons postoperative rhinoplasty patients b/c it is not always clear what was performed.  That being said, I allow my patients to use a saline spray post op and often use a ointment to soften the crusting and facilitate healing.  Please follow your surgeons recommendations.  Good luck

John B. Lazor, MD, MBA, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Rhinoplasty care

John B. Lazor, MD, MBA, FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Saline after Rhinoplasty

Saline use isn't mandatory after Rhinoplasty. If there is nasal congestion then either Saline or Xylomatazoline spray can be used to minimise it.

Satya Kumar Saraswat, MBBS, MS, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Saline after Rhinoplasty