Double Chin Even Though I'm Very Slim?

I have a double chin it's not terrible but bothers me on pics of me from the side. I am 25 and a slim size 6-8 so I know it's not from being over weight. I think it's probably genetic as my mum has the same thing. What is the best treatment options for this

Kybella can help

Kybella is an office injection that can dissolve fat in the double chin area.

It is FDA approved and works.

Kybella can help

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is FDA approved and works.

Skinny with a big Chin

This is all too common. The good news is you are the perfect candidate for treatment. In my hands below are the best options, though there are many!

Option 1 : liposuction/sculpting. This is done in clinic under local with maybe some medication to make you feel calm. 1-2wks of post op swelling and brusing. 

Pros: quick results, minimal down time. 

Cons: a procedure, small scar at lipo cannula site

Option 2: Kybella injection: done in clinic, no real acute downtime though patients often describe a very "full sensation" with a heavy neck for up to 2 wks.

Pros: done in clinic, minimal down time

Cons: multiple treatments often required, results takes a few months to expose themselves 

I always discuss fat transfer along with liposuction. It can help sculpt the surrounding areas. Not a must but a very nice adjunct.

Good luck.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skinny with a big Chin

Pros: quick results, minimal down time. 

Pros: done in clinic, minimal down time

Good luck.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction

Look at the attachment for a photo of a young person with limited liposuction of the chin. Sometimes, a a small change can make a big (but natural looking) difference.
Some individuals have 'sagging' necks primarily due to fat accumulation below the jawbone (mandible). In some cases, liposuction alone can significantly improve the neck appearance. Liposuction is also frequently combined with surgical neck rejuvenation, and in selected cases some direct excision of fat (through a hidden incision below the chin) is performed. The reduction of fat in the area below the jawline and in the anterior neck almost always makes the neck appear longer, and makes the patient's profile appear more elegant or refined.
There is also a significant population of patients who have excess fat and mildly loose skin. With these patients, we always include laser skin tightening and skin rejuvenation of some kind. This will help with both minimal laxity and skin texture.
Liposuction is the most commonly performed cosmetic surgical procedure in the US. Often, it is performed by physicians who are not board-certified plastic surgeons, many of whom have absolutely no surgical training.  Safety considerations are important for all surgeries. Be sure that the physician you select to perform this procedure has hospital privileges, and has the ability to admit you to a hospital in the event of a complication. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Double chin problem

Thin people may have a double chin because they have a genetic ( hereditary ) tendency for this problem. This can be even if an individual eats sensibly. The problem can only be corrected by submental liposuction. This is a simple procedure that takes 15 minutes under local xylocaine anesthesia. It is important to wear a strap for a few months after suctioning to help support the area while healing. The number of fat cells is finite in this area so if you continue to eat properly the results are permanent.

Double chin problem

Double chin despite being slim

Thanks for your question.  Even slim people can have fatty deposits below the chin giving the 'double chin' appearance.  Excellent improvement can often be achieved with liposuction of this area and diligent wearing of a neck garment post-operatively.

Double chin despite being slim

Double chin solutions

There are a few options.

Submental liposuction creates the best results for tightening and defining the jaw line. (laser lipo is preferred for the effect)

Kybella is an in office treatment that involves tiny injections in the fatty areas under the chin and reaches maximum results in about 8 weeks. 0 down time. It is a quick and easy procedure that just involves some minimal to moderate swelling in the injected area.

Please feel free to visit our website or contact our office at any time.

Best Regards,

Double chin solutions

There are a few options.

Best Regards,

Double chin treatment?

Thank you for your question. In my opinion, Kybella works very well for young patients with good skin tone and double chin. It is FDA approved and done in the office. Most patients require 2-3 treatments to achieve the desired outcome.

I hope this helps. Best wishes! (Dr. Salameh, Plastic Surgeon, Bowling Green, KY)

Double chin treatment?

Submental adiposis

It's true: double chin and under-chin fullness can be inherited from somebody in your family. The subcutaneous fat deposits under then chin (the submental region) are usually not very responsive to routine diet and exercise. Treatment of a double chin depends very much on the elasticity of your skin -- in younger patients such as yourself the skin retains excellent elasticity and will usually tighten up very nicely after a procedure. The two most common treatments for "submental adiposis" or double chins are submental liposuction or deoxycholic acid (Kybella) injections. 

Submental liposuction is a surgical procedure performed through a few small (less than 1cm) incisions. It takes around 30 minutes to complete, and the biggest side effects are bruising and swelling. The recovery period usually lasts from 7-10 days. 

Kybella injections are performed 6-8 weeks apart. Multiple small amounts of Kybella are injected into the submental region. Most patients report significant fullness and tenderness under their chin for 1-2 weeks after injection, and most patients will require between 2-4 treatments overall.

For people how have lost most of their skin elasticity, liposuction may need to be performed in conjunction with a neck lift to address the redundant skin laxity.

Daniel J. Liebertz, MD
Kirkland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Submental adiposis

Daniel J. Liebertz, MD
Kirkland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Options For Correcting a Double Chin

Hello and thank-you for sharing your question.

Correction of a double chin can be achieved either though a surgical or non-invasive approaches. Liposuction of the chin and neck produces consistently good results for appropriate candidates. We are very excited with the development of several non-invasive techniques for correction of a double chin. We offer the Cool mini as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction for the right candidate. Generally, two treatments are required separated by 4-6 weeks.  We also offer Kybella which is another non-surgical alternative to liposuction. Generally 3-6 treatments are needed separated by 4-6 weeks.  If there is mild to moderate skin laxity, combining the treatment with Ultherapy is an excellent option. 

I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn about your options..

Best regards,

Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Best regards,

Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Treating Double Chin Fat

KYBELLA® is used to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin --often referred to as a “double chin .  Regardless of weight and body size, 1, 2 or 3 treatments might be needed 4-6 weeks apart depending on individual needs.  

#Kybellainjections   #doublechinfat   #fatinjections

Treating Double Chin Fat