What Is the Least Invasive Way to Remove the Neck Wattle? (Photo)

all i want is rid of my hereditary wattle could a direct neck lift be a option i am a 60 year old woman i want the least invasive procedure there is.

Least invasive Treatment of Neck Wattle

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is very difficult to tell exactly what would work for you from one picture. If the wattle is mostly fat with the skin pushed out, then liposuction could give you significant improvement with little "invasion." For anything else, the only way to improve the area is a full face/neck lift. Nothing else will reduce the excess skin with a reasonable scar. I have never seen a direct excision scar that I thought was acceptable.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Least Invasive Way to Remove the Neck Wattle

The presence of banding down the front of the #neck, and, amount of excess skin and condition of your skin are among some factors which determine if you are a #candidate for #rejuvenating the neck. Chin deficiency with the neck and jawline are also taken into consideration. A weak #chin implies a lack of chin support for the skin along the neck line. As a stand-alone procedure, chin augmentation can be performed in the office under local #anesthesia. For individuals with signs of aging in the neck, a chin implant added to one of the recommended procedures above, will provide optimal results.

Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should also consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift, individualized for each patient, that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™.

A board certified plastic surgeon should evaluate both your anatomical features and aesthetic goals to suggest which procedure best suits your needs. In some cases there may be more than one option to choose from. If you are not a candidate at the time of your #consultation, your board surgeon can recommend non-surgical alternatives to address your concern.

Necklift options

For less invasive neck-tightening, I recommend Ulthera (Ultherapy). Using ultrasound technology, Ulthera uses focused ultrasound to lift and tighten loose skin over time, without any downtime. However, nothing can quite compare with the fantastic results of a surgical necklift, which you may wish to combine with a facelift for the best outcome. Non-surgical procedures have to be repeated to maintain the look you want - which means that in the end you'll likely end up spending as much as you would have on a necklift, which is longer lasting.

Consult a Board-certified, experienced facial plastic surgeon in person to discuss your best option.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser Assisted Weekend Facelift

It is possible that you may be a candidate for what I have termed, "The Laser Assisted Weekend Necklift:" It is a minimally invasive procedure.

Cervicofacial Liposculpture is first employed to contour the unfavorable fatty changes seen in the face and neck as time passes by, such as the ‘Turkey neck’ and ‘double chin’.

Careful attention is then turned to tightening the neck muscles and eliminating neck bands. Finally, I employ laser technology to ‘resurface’ the underside of the neck skin, thereby ‘shrinkwrapping’ the skin of the neck restoring a youthful contour.

A consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon will help determine which procedures will provide the best results for you.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fix my Neck!!

Congenital laxity of the soft tissue of the neck often results in excess skin and fat which appropriately evaluated can help to determine which solution will deliver the best and most long-standing results   

A neck lift in such a situation can often results in dramatic improvement of neck contours and resultant apparent visual decrease in age. Combined treatment with laser liposuction has resulted in a excellent hybrid approach to neck  rejuvenation. The combined laser light bow suction with skin excision and redraping in the area behind the ear can result in a dramatic improvement in appearance without the telltale incisions in front of the year and up underneath the sideburns. This isolated neck lift can dramatically improve patients appearance. 

Attempting anything less surgical such as Kybella or liposuction alone may provide a modest improvement however while patients are often impressed with the minimal results they often return to the office looking for a more substantial improvement.

Counseling them on the more substantial results from a surgical neck lift will help them achieve their optimal desired results.

The Least Invasive Way to Remove a Neck Wattle

Your photo is very helpful.  While there are some non-surgical options we have for tightening neck skin like aggressive micro-needling and medium depth chemical peels like the VI peel and Croton oil peel they would not be that effective for you unless you combined it with another non-surgical treatment called Kybella to remove some of the excess fat in your neck.  While none of these options would be dramatic, they would “help”.

Surgically, a neck lift or lower facelift will work very well to remove the excess skin, tighten the neck and take care of other problems that often come with saggy neck skin, like loss of a good jaw line, neck bands, the turkey neck wattle and jowls.  It is not as invasive a procedure as many think as the down time is only about 4 to 7 days and short scars can be used to minimize the invasiveness.  It can also be done with local anesthesia or twilight anesthesia.  This approach would be the simplest and give you the best results even though it seems more invasive.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

What Is the Least Invasive Way to Remove the Neck Wattle?

sagging in the neck area due to gravity and aging process, neck lifting can be beneficial. In the neck lift operation we remove the excess skin and fat tissue in the neck area. This operation is performed under general anesthesia and it takes 45-60 minutes to complete it. The excess skin is removed by a thin incision under the neck and stitched again. The scar won’t be visible since it is located under the chin and it is very thin.

The excess fat tissue is also removed with a special device called VASER which removes only the fat without harming any other tissue. This device allows the surgeon to remove more fat precisely and complete the surgery in a shorter time.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

I would not normally recommend it because it will leave a visible scar on the neck.

While a direct neck lift is a minimally invasive and effective option, I would not normally recommend it because it will leave a visible scar on the neck. Instead, I would most likely recommend a regular neck lift or lower face lift. There are more incisions, but the scarring is much less visible and the results are dramatic. When performing a face or neck lift, I use the most minimally invasive techniques and prioritize patient comfort and satisfaction while still performing the most thorough and effective surgery possible. I always tighten the deeper underlying tissues as well as redraping the skin to create long-lasting results, and patients find that they look much more youthful with practically invisible scars. If your turkey wattle is caused mainly by fat, then liposuction or Kybella, which is an injectable fat-melting treatment, could be great options as well. I hope this helps.

Just the neck wattle

The BEST appearance would be a full necklift.

The front of the neck could be improved with a small incision under the chin and removing the excess fatty tissue and repairing the Platysma neck muscles

Richard A. D’Amico, MD, FACS
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Least invasive neck lift

The direct neck lift, sometimes called an anterior neck lift, would be a decent option if you are more interested in getting rid of the neck tissue but are not too concerned about the resulting scar which is difficult to hide.  The direct necklift provides a better functional option that is less invasive and takes care of the problem but it creates a scar that is visible. 

Another more recent option is the use of Kybella in the neck to give you some tightening and fat removal at the same time without surgery. 

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon