Can Arnica Montana oil be used on the lips?

Had lip injections 2 days ago, trying to speed up the healing process. I've purchased the 30c pills and also the oil with olive oil base. Wondering if it is safe to use a little mixed with my aquaphor directly on my lips??? I have no open wounds and I'm not putting it in my mouth. I know this stuff can be toxic.

Arnica and healing Bruises

Arnica is a great way to make the bruises heal faster after cosmetic injections.  There is topical and oral Arnica that are both effective.  Best, Dr. Green

Can Arnica Montana Oil Be Used On The Lips?

Thank you for your excellent question.  Arnica is beneficial for minimizing normal postprocedure swelling and bruising.  It can be applied directly to the affected area.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your lip augmentation.  After two days it would be safe for you to be able to apply arnica oil to your lips to help with bruising and swelling.  This will help with comfort if your lips are chapped or irritated.  Hope this helps.

Lip Augmentation Recovery

Usually a bit of ice and a day or 2 recovery is all that is needed after lip injections. Arnica may help with bruising, but a tincture of time may be all you need. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD