When I laugh, my upper lip gets folded and it looks very bad. How can I make my upper lip big?

Actually when i laugh my upper lip is not straight and gets lifted inwards . i have seen in pictures that when people laugh their upper lip is perfect by mine looks very small and haft of the lip is pushed inward . I need help please !

Upper Lips and Correction

Hyaluronic Acid can correct this type of upper lips with augmentation.  Without a photo it is difficult to give exact advice but in general it sounds like you are a good candidate.  Please consult an expert in lip augmentation.  Best, Dr. Green

My upper lip disappears when I smile

This is hard to make a solid recommendation without a picture. However, often this can be improved with dermal fillers, HA. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Augmentation

Hi and thank you for your question. It would help to see a picture, as no two patients are the same. Lip injections are one of my favorite procedures to perform. In terms of making the upper lip appear more symmetric to the lower lip and avoiding this collapse when smiling, I like to take a combination approach that includes filling the lips with a filler like Juvederm Ultra, Restylane Silk, or Volbella, and then following with a very small amount of Botox. This prevents the inversion when smiling and allows me to get away with using less filler, avoiding the overfilled duck look. Good luck!

Sophia V. Mai, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your facial appearance.  It is difficult to comment without seeing a photograph.  Based on what you described, you may be a good candidate for lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

How can I make my upper lip big?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Lip Augmentation

Photos would be helpful, but it sounds like you may be a candidate for lip augmentation with filler like Juvederm Ultra plus. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Getting Lips You Love--Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm), implants or fat

These fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. Implants or fat are alternative options. See an expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Without photographs or an in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite advice but a lip augmentation using hyaluronic acid fillers can help add volume to your lip so that when you smile more of the red portion remains visible, rather than being lifted inward and thinning.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to maximize your results.