I have fat around my nipples. I go to gym regularly but sometimes it reduces and sometimes it increases. Any suggestions?

About Puffy Nipple Areola Complex

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.

As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition. 
Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Fat around nipples

Best advice is to obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. They will evaluate you, then discuss treatment options.

Thank you for the question. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. In most cases, gynecomastia is treated with resection of the excess breast tissue; peripheral chest liposuction may also be helpful.

My best suggestion: get into the "shape" you want to be physically. Then if your chest wall is still of concern, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.
You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best
wishes.

Gynecomastia surgery

How should I choose a surgeon? Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully only a board certified PLASTIC SURGEON. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection. 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3. Gynecomastia surgery Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering? 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?

Mordcai Blau, MD

Possible gynecomastia

It is impossible to comment on your case without pictures, I would also recommend you have consultations with board certified plastic surgeons to be evaluated.  If this is gynecomastia, working out may camouflage or accentuate this but it won't fix it. Best of luck 

Melinda Haws, MD

Fat around nipples

Thank you for your question. Without seeing pictures or performing a physical exam it is difficult to determine what the best treatment option for you would be. I would suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area so that he or she may perform a comprehensive history and physical exam to determine the best possible course of treatment for you. Good luck. 

James Shoukas, MD
Lake Mary Plastic Surgeon

Best advice is to see a local board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a complete evaluation to determine the best methods to treat your condition. I'm sure you will have terrific result. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon