Deep Neck Lines and Folds. (photo)

A person have these really deep lines that go in a circle around their neck. They are hereditary. Her father has them and his father had them.   She have tried using a product called rejuveneck but she is seeing no results. As I age the folds get deeper. Tried exercise and everything but they just won't disappear. 

Horizontal neck folds

The lines that are present in your neck are simply congenital horizontal neck folds that everyone has. Yours are just more prominent. They will not go away with a facelift. They cannot be surgically excised and removed. It is best to just leave them alone and no facial creams are going to help with this problem either. for many examples of what a neck lift can accomplish in our practice, please see the link below.

Neck Folds in the Back of the Neck

This is a very tough problem as there are no good options for your problem.  Surgical tightening is possible with a hair line incision but the likelihood of the lines recurring is very high since it is a congenital problem.  The creams and other superficial treatments that some will offer as a solution will not be effective as you have already discovered. 

Fat grafting in an option but it is very expensive and not particularly reliable in terms of outcomes.  Another option would be a filler.  Most fillers are temporary.  You could try a filler in one area to see if you get any satisfying resolution.  If you do, then I would suggest moving on to a permanent filler like Bellafill so that you do not have to keep coming back.

I hope that helps and if it does please give it and up vote at the top right at the "report' button.  Thanks.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Horizontal neck lines

The best solution is fat grafting with a micro needle, the next best solution is fillers. None of these are comletely effective or long lasting, but definitely offer some imporvement

best of luck

Deep horizontal neck lines

This is probably the most stubborn cosmetic problem when it comes to the neck.  It is difficult to make them all disappear but you can fill them with injections of soft tissue filler, which as you know, is not permanent and needs to be repeated.

Johnny Mao, MD, FACS
Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck folds in the young

I concur with the rest of the surgeons who have commented.

It is very difficult to cure but can be temporized with a combination of fat grafting, liposuction and fillers in some cases.   

I have seen them resected with a large scar followed by laser. This can then be covered up with make-up but does leave a rather large scar which most cosmetic surgeons are hesitant to undertake. 

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deep Neck Lines and Folds.

Dear Reader, There is not a good surgical option in my opinion.  Fat grafting may help a little but is questionable.  Good luck and be safe.John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICSDouble Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

Deep hereditary neck folds

The bands themselves will be nearly impossible to remove

Focus on tightening the surrounding adjacent skin with Ulthera and Fractional Laser to improve appearance

Richard A. D’Amico, MD, FACS
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Neck folds lines

The most reliable way to treat this is with surgery. Also in most permanent and cost effective. The skin needs to be undermined and the lines in your neck will fall in a different location.

Treatment of neck lines

Congenital disorders of the subcutaneous fat are rare, but by no means unheard of. There are several types of disorders in the subcutaneous fat, some congenital and some acquired. Your dermatologist will probably be the most likely to recognize the subtleties of your condition and help make a diagnosis.

Once an underlying etiology is elucidated, you can start looking ahead towards treatment options. These may include either adding or decreasing volume on your neck. There is a new product on the horizon from a company called Kythera that should be approved by the FDA soon. It is currently called ATX–101. The clinical trials for this product looked at its ability to dissolve submental fat, under the chin, and it may provide a future option and some hope as far as treatment for you.

To guarantee you're receiving the highest level of care, seek out a dermatologic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is board certified and fellowship trained in one of these "core four" cosmetic specialties.

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Assisted Weekend Facelift

It is possible that you may be a candidate for what I have termed, "The Laser Assisted Weekend Necklift:" It is a minimally invasive procedure.

Cervicofacial Liposculpture is first employed to contour the unfavorable fatty changes seen in the face and neck as time passes by, such as the ‘Turkey neck’ and ‘double chin’.

Careful attention is then turned to tightening the neck muscles and eliminating neck bands. Finally, I employ laser technology to ‘resurface’ the underside of the neck skin, thereby ‘shrinkwrapping’ the skin of the neck restoring a youthful contour.

A consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon will help determine which procedures will provide the best results for you.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon