How many Botox Units needed? (photo)

how many units of botox might need a 50 years old woman for forehead and eye area (crow's feet) and if that together is consider one area or two area. Thank you

Botox Treatment for the Forehead, Between the Eyebrows, and Crow's Feet

Thank you for your question about Botox options. Treatment areas for Botox typically include the forehead, frown lines between your eyebrows (also called the glabella), and crow’s feet. These are all considered separate treatment areas, and your treatment plan for each should be customized to address your specific needs based on muscle strength and severity of wrinkles/expression lines. The FDA recommendation for treatment of the crow’s feet is 12 units per side, but this can vary from patient to patient. Frown lines usually respond well to treatment of 15-25 units, and for forehead lines, 10-15 units. Ultimately a treatment plan should be based on your individual needs, and I recommend a personalized consultation with an experienced and qualified injector to review your options in person.

Hope this helps,
Nick Slenkovich, MD, FACS

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hope this helps,
Nick Slenkovich, MD, FACS

How many units of Botox?

Based on the single picture, I would likely start with treatment of the glabella or frown lines.  My most common dose in the glabella is 20 units.  I can't really see your forehead or crow's feet area in the picture because your hair covers those areas.  In general, I prefer to treat the forehead conservatively with a low number of units to prevent any problems like a lowering of the brow.  Typically I use between 7.5-12.5 units of Botox to the forehead in a woman.  (Men usually require more).  For the crow's feet, I commonly use a total dose of 15-20 units.  Overall my experience is that I can usually achieve nice, natural results using a lower total dose of Botox than others.  Results from injectable treatments such as Botox are very technique-dependent and one doctor's results may not be comparable to another doctor's results.  

How many units of Botox?

How many units of Botox?

If you are treating only the frown lines (glabella) you will need between 14 and 25 units.   If you are treating the entire forehead, you will need an addition 6 to 12 units depending on how strong your muscles are.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

How many units of Botox?

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

How many Botox Units needed?

Hi, I have performed Botox injections for over 30 years.  The photo shows Glabelar wrinkles which is considered one area of Botox.  The horizontal forehead lines (can't tell from the photo) are typically 2 areas and the Crows Fett are one area.  Each area we typically use 12.5 to 15 units of Botox.

I did want to mention that from the photo, the cheeks are very flat anteriorly (in the front) and the chin is quite weak making the face appear to be an elongated oval shape.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation using a dermal filler (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or with cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks anteriorly that will feminize the entire face.

When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face appear shorter which de-emphasizes the shape and fullness of the lips.  Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found placing a silastic chin implant through a small, curved, incisions under the chin to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty that requires bone cuts with placement of screws and metal plates.

The lips are a bit thin making the lower face less balanced.  Lip augmentation using a dermal filler or Permalip implant will create fuller, softer more feminine lips.

Shaping the cheeks, chin and lips will have far more impact on making your face more youthful and naturally attractive than having Botox injections to the areas described above.    

Hope this helps.

How many Botox Units needed?

Hope this helps.

Botox and Units

Glabella is typically 12-24 units, forehead 8-15 units, eyes 10-20 units.  I suggest you see a physician who can evaluate you and treat based on your individual facial muscles and movement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and Units

How many Botox Units needed

The FDA dose for the area between your eyes, the glabella is 20 units. Many people require more. You also have wrinkles at rest that are seen in your picture. Because of that the wrinkles there will improve with Botox but will likely not be completely removed. You might require a filler in that area in addition to the Botox.

How many Botox Units needed

How many units of Botox do I need?

I would use 20 units of Botox to the 11 lines (glabella), 10-12 units to the forehead, and 10 units to each side of your crows feet for a total of 20 units.  The forehead and the crows feet would be considered 2 separate areas.  Depending on who you receive your injections from, you will be charged per unit or per area.  Good Luck! You will love it once you try it!

How many units of Botox do I need?

How Many Units of Botox Do I Need

Thank you for your question.  I like to see people animate to determine how many units of Botox they need, so  it is hard to tell based on a single photo but I would guess that you will likely need at least 40 units.

Good Luck!

Dr. Shah

How Many Units of Botox Do I Need

Good Luck!

Dr. Shah

Botox

Thank you for your question and picture.  To treat the forehead and the crow's feet as well as between the eyebrows completely will take between 40-50 units of undiluted Botox.

Botox

How many Botox Units needed?

Without in person exam and a good set of photos, it's difficult to comment accurately. I would assume that you would need 20-30 units in glabellar ( frown lines) area, 10-20 -forehead. Surgically, if a patient is bothered by forehead wrinkles as well as frown lines, seeing the droopy eyebrows- then a brow lift can be performed to rejuvenate the face. Best to seek an in person exam by an experienced Board Certified PS

How many Botox Units needed?