Is it safe to get Cellfina while breastfeeding? If I continue to lose weight, will the results change?

Hi. I had fourth and final baby in October 2015. I am breastfeeding and have 10 pounds yet to lose. I want to get Sculpt-Sure and Cellfina on my thighs. I understand I can't get Sculpt-Sure till I stop breastfeeding. Is it the same for Cellfina? If I continue to lose weight, will Cellfina results change in any way? I'd love to get it done this summer but I want to keep breastfeeding another six months. Thank you so much for your time.

It’s best to wait until after you finish breastfeeding to have any kind of cosmetic procedure.

Your body goes through many changes due to pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding. Therefore, it’s a good idea to wait until everything has normalized before having any treatments or procedures. Also, you should be at your ideal weight and be able to maintain it for several months before seeking any kind of body contouring procedures. An additional concern is that any medications administered during or after the procedure could enter your breastmilk. Give it time. Your patience will pay off and you will likely enjoy great results from Cellfina™.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Do not place your baby at risk for a cosmetic procedure

Treatment of your cellulite with Cellfina will require the administration of local anesthetics and possibly some pain medications. These will be present, in some concentration, in your breast milk. Also, you are not at your desired weight, so delineation of your dimples will not be totally accurate. I would strongly suggest you wait a little longer so both yu and your baby are safe.

Cellfina

It is best for patients to wait until after breastfeeding to have treatment with Cellfina. Pregnancy and breastfeeding cause a woman’s body to go through many changes. As a woman is breastfeeding, weight loss, as well as many other changes, occur. Several factors contribute to the development of cellulite. Weight loss often reduces cellulite appearance and should not affect the results of Cellfina. However, it is recommended for patients to be at an ideal, stable weight before having treatment with Cellfina. Consult a board-certified plastic surgeon regarding the best treatment plan for you. Good luck and congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Cellfina

Breast Feeding and Cosmetic Procedures

I do not recommend having ANY cosmetic invasive or non-invasive procedures including laser treatments while pregnant or breast feeding. Prior to having Cellfina, you are injected with a multi-hole needle with Epinephrine, Lidocaine, and Sodium Bicarbonate. The side effects of these medications on an unborn child or breastfeeding child have not been studied, therefore we do not recommend. 
#breastfeedingandcellfina   #invasiveprocedure   #tumescent 

Breast Feeding and Cosmetic Procedures

Breast feeding and cellfina

This is a great question. While breast feeding and a ten pound weight loss shouldn't effect the areas that will have been treated with Cellfina, other areas of cellulite may develop when you are done breast feeding. There are multiple factors that contribute to the development of cellulite (genetic predisposition, body type, skin tone, etc). Hormone changes have also been implicated as a factor contributing to the development of cellulite. While you are breast feeding, your hormone levels are in a particular balance that will change once you stop breast feeding. If you were to undergo treatment with Cellfina while you are breast feeding, the treated areas should not recur. However, new areas of cellulite can always arise after treatment, particularly after a shift in hormone balance. If you are looking for the most efficient way to treat the largest amount of cellulite in a single session, it may pay to wait until you are done breast feeding, so you can be as confident as possible in identifying your "problem areas" prior to undergoing treatment. It is essential to meet with a surgeon who is adequately trained and, more importantly, exercises good judgement when it comes to patience in decision making. Good luck!

Breast feeding and cellfina

Cellulite -- Vaser Smooth, ThermiRF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Subcision

Cellfina itself would not affect breast feeding, but I suggest you see an expert for treatment as this procedure needs skill and expertise.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cellfina

Your breast feeding should not be affected by having Cellfina done.  Ten pounds of weight loss should also not effect the results of Cellfina. Best bet is to obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you for an evaluation and further discussion of these issues.

Cellfina