Why did my "lower facelift' last only 4 months?

I am 78 years old and have had one facelift in the past. I had a lower blepharoplasty 4 months ago and already my neck has loosened and doesn't look much different than it did before the facelift. Is this my age or bad plastic surgery? If my age, shouldn't I be told it couldn't be done rather than charging me $9000? I am very upset.

Lower Facelift: There are different techniques

When it comes to facelifts, including lower facelifts, very often, the terminology can get confusing for patients. It's important to have an open discussion during the consultation as well as the preoperative visit about the treatment options and the approach that your surgeon is going to use. I also recommend that patients research the information to feel comfortable with the treatment plan. A lower facelift can mean anything from a mini lift to a deep plane face lift. A lower facelift does not address the neck significantly unless it's combined with a neck lift (platysmaplasty). This may be why your neck seems to have loosened. It would be more helpful if you could describe the procedure(s) that you had and provide pictures. I also recommend going back to your surgeon and discussing your concerns. 

Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower Facelift Adjustment

Isabel without seeing you in person or pictures It is hard to comment, please do return to your plastic surgeon for a follow up appointment to discuss the issues.  If the difference is minimal an adjustment to address the concerned maybe an option. All The Best 

78 years old and frustrated

It's difficult to comment without photos. However based on your description, it sounds like you need to re-address these concerns with your plastic surgeon. There might be some touch up work that will improve your result. It's important to know that at age 78, the skin behaves differently than the younger years, and so expectations needed to be discussed thoroughly. I wish you the best.

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon