Lower face/necklift (with platysma tightening) after limited incision parathyroid surgery. Any suggestions?

I have a lower face/necklift scheduled for January 2017. I'd wanted to have this done sooner but was advised to wait since I had a tracheostomy scar revision done December 2016 in order to avoid possible necrosis. I'm a 55 year old non-smoker in good health except for the fact i've just been told I need to have a limited incision parathyroid surgery scheduled for the last week of this September. Is it still safe to proceed with my necklift in January?

Lower face/necklift (with platysma tightening), Ultherapy after limited incision parathyroid surgery

take care of your medical condition first. Afterward, you should be
able to have your cosmetic procedure. Be sure your surgeons
communicate with each other. You might also look into nonsurgical
face/neck lifts such as Ultherapy and/or VASER Liposuction. Best, Dr. Emer

Parathyroid surgery and neck lift

You should give priority to your medical condition and address parathyorid surgery first. It should not be a problem to do a neck lift few months after it. However, the extent of each surgery would best determine safety of the next procedure. You should communicate this issue clearly with both surgeons and possibly have them discuss details and timing of their surgeries. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Should be fine but check first

As far as the timing of the surgeries is concerned, it should be fine because you are allowing enough time for healing. However, it's best to check with your parathyroid surgeon to see if any further surgeries are contemplated. Also, it's best to get  a clearance from your endocrinologist.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift/ neck lift

Parathyroid removal can be done at the same time as a facelift. Why is your parathyroid being removed? It sounds like you may have medical issues that need to be resolved before cosmetic surgery. If you are well then it is safe to proceed, if there are issues unresolved, it is best to wait...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon