How many cc's change a cup size, I have 415cc now, which puts me in a c cup bra, I would like D or DD cup

I have 415cc now, which puts me in a c cup bra, I would like D or DD cup

Here are a couple of helpful points based on my three decades of experience.

If your surgeon concluded that 415 cc was the largest size your chest skin and breast tissue would accept at the time of your surgery without being excessively round or tight you do have the option (if you wish to) of replacing the implants with larger implants 12-18+ months after the initial surgery.  The reason is that the weight and volume of your implants stretch and relax your skin in time permitting a change to a larger implant.  I feel that the best method of choosing an implant is to show pictures of your goal to your plastic surgeon and allow him/her to choose the final implant size during the procedure when your actual size and contour can be seen with test or sizer implants. 

I'd also point out that the risk of complications or future complications/disappointment increases with implants that are disproportionate to your skin surface area and tissue thickness/elasticity.  Problems such as rippling, visible waviness and implant displacement or descent can become troublesome with very large implants so consider being a little more rather than less conservative with your change.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Cup Size and Implant Volume

You simply can't answer your question with any accuracy at all. There is no formula equating implant volume to cup size, and although some might try, it is not consistent or accurate. The best way you can determine your aesthetic goal is using sizers in the mirror. This is much more important than a bra size anyway, right? Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size.  It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Revisionary breast surgery: How many cc's change a cup size?

There is no accurate/reliable/predictable correlation between size/profile breast implant utilized and cup size achieved. For example, I do not think that the generalizations such as "200 cc equates to 1 cup" hold any validity or are helpful in any specific or practical way. 

Ultimately,  careful selection of your plastic surgeon and careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "up a cup size” or " D or DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

How much to change my implant size to change 1-2 cup sizes

Hi and  thank you for the question. This is something that comes up a lot during consultations. It's a tricky question to answer because everybody wears their bras differently. In general, I find that it takes between 200 and 300 cc's to change by one cup size. In some ways the more important thing is knowing what you will look like with those larger implants. You should consider finding a practice like ours that uses the Vectra 3-D imaging system. We use this software to show our patients what they would look like with any size or style implant on the market. Good luck to you.

Dr West 

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon