Confused on size: 430cc or 450cc? Currently have 360cc (Photo)

I am 5'0, 28yrs, 126.6lbs w no kids. I do weightlifting and I already have 360cc saline. I was 34b before my surgery, well 3 years later I feel I'm not as big as I wanted to be and I'm looking to increase size and I would like to know if 450cc or 430cc is too big for my frame? Since I've been lifting a lot I've seen a reduction in my size. I was suggested 450cc saline implants, under the muscle. Also I was thinking that if I go bigger,it will help me close a bit the gap between my breasts.

Will I look ok if I change to larger implants

Hi  and thank you for the question. The size change that you were asking about is very conservative. When my patients are interested in switching to larger implants, I Typically tell them it will take between 150 and 250 cc to really notice much of a difference. One suggestion for you is to find a practice like mine that uses the Vectra 3-D imaging system. We use this software to show our patients what they would look like with different size implants. We use this both during the patients first surgery to pick implants, as well as revision surgeries when patients are trying to figure out how much larger to go. My other suggestion would be for you to consider silicone implants instead of saline.  Silicone  implants tend to be softer and give a more natural look and feel. The vast majority of patients who have had both types of implants prefer their silicone implants. Good luck to you.

Dr West

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best breast operation/implant for me (revisionary breast surgery)?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Ultimately,  careful selection of your plastic surgeon and careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. Keep in mind, as you think about options, that adjustment of the breast implant capsules may be necessary to achieve your desired outcome.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "up a cup size” or "too big for my frame" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Confused on size: 430cc or 450cc? Currently have 360cc

I think that you have multiple options and depending upon your preference one might be happy simply changing to reasonably but not excessively larger cohesive silicone gel implants (I use smooth round) possibly accompanied by closure of the lower pocket with capsulorrhaphies.   If you're currently subglandular, changing to partial subpectoral will subtly make the implants seem smaller so a size increase is a good thought.  Eventually, you may need to consider a full uplift with skin reduction if your tissues stretch and thin in time from the weight of the implants.

Best advice, find a Bd Certified plastic surgeon whom you trust and discuss all of the issues to your satisfaction.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

The only type of breast implant that can be re-filled with a syringe are the saline implants (if the valve can be located) but the consistency is that of a bladder filled with water, therefore i recommend you change them for Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants".
They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Confused on breast implant size: 430cc or 450cc?

The final choice of implant size should really be based on the measurements taken on your physical exam with your surgeon, discussion with him/her, and your goal.  That being said, a 20cc difference in size is essentially imperceptible after surgery--it's a little over a Tablespoon (i.e. not much when it comes to breast volume).  Generally speaking, most women wish they would have gone a little bigger after everything is said and done, so best bet is to choose a slightly larger implant. Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

BA

The gap between your breasts can be improved by dissecting the pocket of each implant medially.  This will help round out the shape in this area.  Going up to 450 cc should be fine based on your current breast ptosis and skin quality. 

If you are OK with the slight sag than I would recommend at least 550-600 cc as the better choice.

Chest dimensions

you need to sit with your surgeon to have a discussion about not only the volume but the look you want. Realize that your breasts sit far apart/you have a wide sternum, which will make it nearly impossible to get your implants/breasts right next to each other. I am sure they can be closer than you have currently, but that is just your breasts and the way they sit on your chest. As for size, no reason to use saline anymore, silicone/gel feel and look much better. Changing the profile/style can give you a perkier look depending on what you have in now(likely Mod+). Any implant swap under the muscle, you need atleast 75-100cc increase to see a significant difference in size. Best of luck. 

#breastimplantrevision #Breastimplants

Eva,

Great questions and congrats on staying in great shape. Your implants are bottomed out in the photo you sent. I would suggest a consultation to be certain but you likely need a pocket revision and upsize to a moderate profile silicone textured implant.  Your widened look is due to bottoming out and incomplete release of the pectoralis medially.

Feel free to call or email us if you have any further questions.

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Barrett Plastic Surgery
9735 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 216
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician