Are Da Vinci Veneers the Best Veneers?

I'm 20 years old and have a yellow line on the top part of my upper and bottom part of my lower teeth because of Tetracycline. I am now thinking of having veneers done.I've recently read about Da Vinci Veneers and am wondering if they really are the best veneers.

Are da Vinci Veneers the Best Veneers?

When you hear the name da Vinci for veneers, to me it means high quality.  Being a dentist for 37 years and working in the cosmetic dental industry for the majority of those, I have worked with various labs and even had an in-house lab in our office.  da Vinci, aside from being made famous for ABC's Extreme Makeover and Fox's The Swan, has been the mark of a superior dental lab for years prior.  Their quality craftsmanship, unparalleled customer service, fast turnaround time, and reputation are only a few of the reasons why their costs can be higher to the offices and then, in turn, to the consumer.  da Vinci veneers do carry a lab warranty so this can help with justifying the cost, along with the fact that many of my cases get delivered to patients with much fewer try-ins, which saves time and money in the long run.  The average cost per tooth can range anywhere from $1295-1695 in our area for da Vinci, but patients generally choose to pay for them because of the name and quality associated.  da Vinci also only works with the top 2% of dentists in the US, so if your dentist uses da Vinci then you know they are a top doc!

Fort Lauderdale Dentist

Da Vinci Veneers simply a brand

Like Lumineers, DaVinci Veneers are simply a brand of veneer that has been popularized by some excellent marketing. That's all! Many dentists will advertise the fact that they use DaVinci veneers simply because of the fact that patients may be familiar with the brand from Extreme Makeover and assume they are the best. My master ceramist creates superb, porcelain veneers that I believe are better than any veneers I have seen from Da Vinci.

DaVinci is a brand

This brand is simply a type of feldspathic porcelain, a very common material for crowns and bridges. It very well may be a great material for your case, but there are others out there that may do as well or even better. Ask your dentist about Empress, eMax, Lava and any other material they feel would work best.

If you are trying to mask the underlying color of tooth structure, you may need to do some homework and trust that your dentist is experienced enough to help.

Da Vinci Veneers

Da Vinci veneers are fabricated by the Da Vinci laboratory and they have very successfully branded themselves. While their veneers are not at all bad, they are not the "best" as there are a ton of other great labs doing similar work who haven't "trademarked" their porcelain work. My premium lab, a one-man show who is an absolute artist from Japan, does 100% of my veneer cases (I have a 10-unit case starting on Thursday); his work goes head-to-head with any great veneer work out there.

More important is researching the doctor out there who will complete your treatment. Once you've seen "before and after" photos and feel comfortable with their skill and personality, then ask what type of porcelain they plan on using and which lab; I routinely use a porcelain called "Empress" which is beautiful and exceptionally strong.

Hope that helps.

Matt Welebir, DDS
Las Vegas Dentist

Are Da Vinci Veneers the Best Veneers?

The best veneer choice will always depend on where you start and what you want to achieve.  I have utilized many brands of veneers over the last 25  years.  DaVinci  veneers are a brand as are Lumineers.  I suggest you discuss what you wish to achieve with your doctor and the advantages and disadvantages of different types of materials.  Covring stains may require reduction of tooth structure to prevent bulky veneers in one patient while another patient can have thicker veneers and receive a better result.

The diagnosis of current problems and the best method to correct them will be based on the look you want to achieve.

Don't look for a brand of veneers but look for an experienced doctor who understands what you want.  I always suggest doing a diagnostic wax-up and provisionals so you can preview the final results.  You want your doctor to check your bite and TM Joints to evaluate the best type of materilas for strength.

Ira L Shapira DDS, D,ABDSM, D,AAPM, FICCMO
Chair, Alliance of TMD Organizations
ThinkBetterLife.com

Ira Shapira, DDS
Chicago Dentist

No. It's branding of a veneer. Just like Kleenex is to a tissue

Da Vinci veneers are a great brand. Are they the best? Well honestly that depends on the who is "designing" your smile as well. Without proper architectural design by the dentist - even the most beautiful veneers and ceramists will struggle to make it look good.  There are many porcelain systems that are considered to be the best. Check out Durathins as well. 

#Veneers

DaVinci Veneers are very nice, but there are several other labs out here that make veneers of the same or better quality.  I would suggest finding a good cosmetic dentist, having an examination of your teeth and gums, then allowing them to recommend the best veneers for you.  I hope this helps.
Follow me if you have more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD

DAVINCI VENEERS BEST?

WHEN YOU WORK WITH A BIG LAB SUCH AS DA VINCI YOU HAVE VARIATION IN QUALITY AS THERE WILL BE CHANGES IN PERSONNEL.  SMALLER LABS ARE ABLE TO KEEP BETTER CONTROL OVER QUALITY.  IMAGINE SEEING SOMEONE NEW EVERY TIME YOU WENT TO THE DOCTOR - THAT WOULD NOT INSPIRE CONFIDENCE OR OFFER THE SAME LEVEL OF CARE.  I HAVE SOME DA VINCI VENEERS IN PATIENTS THAT ARE IN PLACE FOR OVER 12 YEARS AND STILL LOOK AND FUNCTION AS WELL AS THE DAY I PUT THEM IN.  I STOPPED USING THEM BECAUSE OF TURNOVER AND INCONSISTENT QUALITY.  THE BEST, MOST DURABLE PORCELAIN IE EMAX BY IVOCLAR - IT IS 4 TIMES STRONGER THAN THE NEAREST COMPETITOR.  THIS IS A PORCELAIN MANUFACTURER IVOCLAR AND THEY ARE THE UNDISPUTED KINGS IN THE FIELD. PERIOD.  GOOD LABS USE EMAX, BUT TO USE EMAX WELL IT TAKES A SUPER LAB.  THERE ARE VERY FEW OF THESE.  DA VINCI IS A MARKETING TOOL OF ONE LAB IN A DIRECT TO PUBLIC EFFORT.  ANY DENTIST CAN USE THEM.

Lawrence Singer, DMD
Washington Dentist