I'm depressed after rhinoplasty depression. My nose is now crooked and looks worse and unnatural. What are my options?

I had two bumps, one side worse than the other from a deviated septum and naturally large nasal bones. 2nd rhinoplasty, had a very conservative fix and bridge thinning 20yrs ago, this time the attempt to thin has left my nostrils looking horrible. More prominent bulbous tip, the cast looked crooked a bit and it did push the bone up top to one side and is off center. still have discoloration and broken capillaries. Dr is blowing me off, will not have good insurance at a yr. Need Help

Depressed after rhinoplasty

Fear not!  It still appears that you are relatively fresh postoperatively.  Revision rhinoplasties are often very difficult due to scarring;  however, with that being said, more time will be necessary for you to see the optimal results.  Your surgeon should see you on a regular scheduled basis and will answer your questions accordingly.  

Rhinoplasty Concerns

Dear Trishlynn, At this early stage post operatively I would strongly suggest discussing your concerns with your surgeon. Your surgeon knows best what your expectations were prior to surgery and how closely he/she feels they attained your proposed result. Certainly if you feel like the "doctor is blowing you off" then you may need to see another surgeon for a second opinion that will listen to your concerns and follow you closely through your recovery. This is important not only for your result but is also pertinent in reducing any anxiety you may be experiencing. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Revision rhinoplasty if necessary one year after surgery.

Revision rhinoplasty if necessary one year after surgery.  You do not say how long it has been. Your nose is swollen  and you need to wait one  year from the time of surgery before having anything done. See a very experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist.

Rhinoplasty revision options

Thank you for the question and photos.  I do not see an after photo side profile which may be helpful.  If you are within six months following your surgery you will likely benefit from waiting longer until all of the swelling and healing has been complete.  Revision rhinoplasty has many options including modification of the bridge of your nose as well as your tip/nostrils.  I would revisit these issues with your plastic surgeon and come up with a game plan to re-assess at an appropriate time.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

It appears that you had some deviation pre op but it's hard to tell how much improvement you had without standardized photos. Can you have the PS provide you with those photos?

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Thank you for the photos and question and certainly if you aware unhappy one could consider a revision but get your surgeon's input first

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD