I'm getting Fraxel laser tomorrow and I waxed my lip and eyes today, will it be ok?

Be careful

Fraxel is an elective procedure, so everything should be done to prevent complications. I recommend at least 3 days post waxing to guard against possible irritation to the follicular units which are so important to the re-epithelialization after resurfacing. Bacteria can also be introcuced with waxing and waxing might increase the chance of milia formation during the healing stage. I would wax and wait, or do the waxing at least 2 weeks after Fraxel, when the skin looks normal again.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Fraxel laser and waxing

I usually recommend patients avoid waxing for atleast 1 week before the procedure and 2 weeks after the procedure. That being said, if you didn't have any issues after the wax and your skin has had 24 hours to "recover" you should be fine with the Fraxel procedure. I would, however, mention the waxing to your provider. 

Fraxel

Thank you for your question. Yes, having the Fraxel procedure performed 24 hours after waxing should not be a problem. Unless you had an adverse event from the waxing that caused your skin to be raw or scabbed, there should be no issue with having Fraxel treatment the following day. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Thanks for your query. Yes, it should not be a problem, 24 hours is a sufficient time to heal after waxing for fraxel. Getting it done after is more problematic and any parlor treatment should be avoided for at least 7-10 days post fraxel. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon