I'm 5 weeks post fraxel laser and am still experiencing tingling and burning. Breakouts and loss of pigment normal? Ongoing?

Is ongoing tingling in face Normal 5 weeks after fraxel laser? Should I consider seeing a neurologist for nerve damage ??

Thanks for your query. No it’s not normal to get tingling and burning sensation 5 weeks after fraxel. My advice to you is to visit your treating physician as soon as possible and discuss the matter. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel laser and followup

I would followup with your provider/physician. While I have never seen hypo pigmentation with Fraxel it is possible that the tingling and burning maybe the result of a skin infection or some other skin condition. It is best that an experienced provider evaluate your skin during an in-person consultation.

Fraxel

I would recommend you make an appointment with a board certified dermatologist to examine you. Tingling and burning of the skin five weeks after a Fraxel treatment is not usual and could be an indication of another underlying skin infection or condition. I have not seen loss of pigment happen from the Fraxel. I would follow up with your dermatologist asap. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

5 weeks after fraxel with persistent problems

You need to go back to your laser doctor and have him/her exam you. It is possible there is a low grade infection or other skin condition that needs treatment. I have never seen loss of pigment with Fraxel and I've been using since 2009. A neurologist will not be useful. A dermatologist is your best doctor to see.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

We use a specific protocol of exfoliation, hydration, and moisturization along with protection after laser treatments. I suggest consult an expert to help you. Best, Dr. Emer