Fraxel in very early pregnancy (>6 weeks)

I got fraxel laser treatment for hyperpigmentation on my face when I Didn't know I was pregnant. I would have been about 8 or 9 days past ovulation. The baby was probably implanting around the day of, or a couple of days before, the procedure. I read that the baby isn't sharing nutrients that across the placenta with the mother until another 3-4 weeks later. To how much risk have I exposed my baby?

Laser during pregnancy

I agree with the physicians below, the laser itself should not have affected your implanting embryo at that time. I recommend you consult your OB for any future cosmetic procedures. 
Best#pregnancyandlasers #face #risk

Thanks for your query. No that would have not caused any harm to the baby so relax but don’t get any sort of laser treatments till your delivery. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel and pregnancy

While Fraxel is not recommended during pregnancy, I do think in your case the accidental Fraxel treatment during an at the time unknown pregnancy will not result in any harm to the embryo. The laser is treating the skin down to the dermis and should have no effect on the embryo in the uterus. I would mention the laser treatment to your OB/GYN just so that he/she known about it.

Fraxel laser early in pregnancy

Although laser treatments and advanced chemical peels and topicals are NOT recommended during pregnancy, accidentally doing a fraxel laser during your pregnancy is most likely not a problem.  There are no clinical trials on pregnant patients and therefore no studies or detailed information to consult on.  Lasers like the Fraxel laser work on heating the collagen on the surface of the skin and therefore shouldn't effect the fetus as it's developing.  To be certain please check with your ob/gyn.Hope this helps.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif) and Pregnancy

Lasers should not affect your pregnancy that early. If you are worried, please consult your obstetrician. Best, Dr. Emer

Risk to baby from Fraxel

There shouldn't be any risk associated with the laser itself. The only question would be the medications/topicals applied during the procedure. I'm fairly confident that there is nothing to worry about though. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD