Photo rejuvenation (ipl) or fraxel 1927 for thin and fair skinned 40 year old?

Can photorejuvenation or fraxel 1927 be used on body safely and produce good result when on a fair and thin skinned middle aged woman? Some providers I know offer it but is it safe?

Thanks for your query. Yes, it is absolutely safe to get fraxel and ipl. IPL would be better for you as it is more safe thin skin individuals. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Yes, Fraxel is very safe and effective on thin skin.

Fraxel Dual laser is an effective and extremely safe laser for skin rejuvenation even in patients with thin skin.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Photofacial and Fraxel 1927 are very safe

These technologies are very safe and there is no need to worry about the procedure. They are primarily used to remove pigment but will also stimulate collagen for fine lines. They are done in a series of 3 treatments usually. It will help make the skin healthier by thickening it.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

IPL and Fraxel

Thank you for your question. Yes, we use both the Photofacial (IPL) as well as the Fraxel Thulium (1927) on fair skinned middle aged women regularly with great results. Both these treatments are a great option for the treatment of dark spots on the face and body. Fraxel Thulium will be a more aggressive treatment and will also address fine lines and texture. Often times we use a combination of both treatments if there is alot of brown that needs to be addressed. I would recommend you make an appointment with a board certified dermatologist for a consult. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Photo Rejuvenation: Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA/Intensif, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Microneedling/PRP

I think fraxel is the gold standard for antiaging and can be tailored for sun spots, wrinkles. I suggest to consult with an expert for evaluation.  We combined with microneedling/PRP and skin care to get the best outcomes if you are a candidate.  RF microneedling like intensif are a newer alternative type treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

IPL and Fraxel 1927 nm

In my office, the Fraxel Dual device is my go to device for treating patients with sun damage. The 1927 nm wavelength is great for surface irregularities and hyperpigmentation. The 1550 nm wavelength can be added to help with deeper concerns such as lines, wrinkles, and scars. What great about the Fraxel Dual is that it is actually two lasers in one (1550 + 1927) and allows me to treat both superficial and deep cosmetic indications.

Intense Pulse Light (IPL) devices are a good treatment for browns and reds. However, they don't do much for fine lines and unlike the Fraxel device, don't really stimulate collagen production. 

Fair skinned individuals are great candidates for either the Fraxel (1550/1920/both) or IPL. Hope this helps.