Lumps after Juvederm marionette lines and lip lines. Will it eventually go away with time?

It's been almost 2 weeks and I had juvederm in marionette lines and lip lines . I still have lumps .. Will it eventually go away with time ?

Lumps after Juvederm

After 2 weeks most lumps should have subsided. You can gently massage the area to help smooth out the lumps. If the lumps do not subside then you can have your treating physician dissolve it with hyaluronidase.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Lumps 2 weeks after filler

Lumps and bumps can be normal the first few days after filler due to swelling around the product.  After about 10-14 days, usually lumps and bumps will not disappear and need to be treated with small amounts of hyaluronidase.  Massaging usually doesn't help much if lumps are persistent.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Lumps After Juvederm--Wrinkle Treatment with Fillers, Juvederm

These should resolve soon. There can be some swelling and/or lumps for 1-2 weeks after an injection. If you're unhappy with your results then, you can have it dissolved and try a different technique next time. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for sharing your question.  Depending on the amount of filler placed into both areas you may still have small lumps from treatment.  I recommend allowing a full month to pass and if any remain, then your injector can dissolve the lumps with hyaluronidase.  Hope this helps.

Lumps in marionette lines after Juvederm

Usually after 2 weeks, all bumps should have subsided. You need to talk to your injector at this point. They might need to be resolved with hyaluronidase.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm: Marionette & Lip lines

Dear slurn68:

Depending on the type of Juvederm used and depth of injection, these lumps normally resolve with time.  I would recommend seeing your physician 2 weeks after injection in any case, to ensure these swellings are managed appropriately.  All the best.

The lumps will slowly subside over time.  You may want to consider gentle massage of the area to help smooth them.  If you wish you can return to your injector to have the product dissolved with hyaluronidase.

Camille Cash, MD