Could I go out with friends right after getting lip injection from Juvederm? My apt is at 3pm on Saturday and dinner at 6

Could I go out with friends right after getting lip injection from Juvederm?

Yes, it is ok for you to go out after getting lip injections with Juvederm. Just keep in mind that after any injection, there is potential for bruising and swelling. Using ice packs right after injection and avoidance of alcohol at dinner will help with this.

Can I Go Out After Lip Augmentation?

Yes, you can go out after lip augmentation. Remember you may still feel numb from the local anesthesia. Remember there may be some swelling or bruising, which can last 1-2 weeks after injection. Icing the area immediately after injection will help reduce swelling. Make certain that you refrain from eating or drinking items that are thermally too hot. Enjoy your night out!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Ways to avoid swelling and reduce bruising

Lips are delicate areas that tend to swell after injections.  Overall, expect 1-2 weeks of swelling and the possibility of bruising after any injection. Having said that, there are ways to minimize swelling including, not overfilling, icing, and using cannulas for injections vs. sharp needles.  In my experience, 3 hours is enough time between injections and enjoying a nice dinner with friends.

In good health,

Dr. Keel

Juvederm for lips

It is common to have some swelling or even bruising after lip injections with Juvederm.  If you don't mind the appearance, there is no problem eating 3 hours after your Juvederm injections.  Avoidance of alcohol can minimize bruising.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Can you go out after lip filler

You can go out after lip filler as long as:

1)you are not over filled

2)you don't get any bruising; doctor needs to use local to constrict vessels to minimize risk of bruising.

Could I Go Out With Friends Right After Getting Lip Injection From Juvederm?

Thank you for your great question.  In general, injectable procedures can be performed with little to no downtime, but there is always the possibly of swelling and bruising, particularly when the lips are injected.  You should be able to go out with friends several hours after your procedure, depending on how self-conscious you might be about normal postprocedure swelling and bruising.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve and to see your final result.  Icing is beneficial for minimizing swelling for up to 48 hours after the procedure.  Arnica is also helpful for minimizing normal postprocedure swelling and bruising.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Lip injections and dinner afterwards

It is fine to have lip injections with Juvederm and then dinner 3 hours after. You may feel numbness or some soreness in the lips, but it will not prevent you from being able to eat. If you are very self-conscious about how you may appear, keep in mind that it is always possible to have a bruise or uneven swelling right after the injection and this can last for up to two weeks. If that doesn't bother you, then having dinner with friends should be no problem. Hope this helps!!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Swelling and bruising after lip augmentation?

To reduce swelling and bruising to the degree possible I advise my patients to avoid any blood thinning medications when possible such as aspirin or Advil for 10 to 14 days before coming to the office. Additionally, I like to ice the lips immediately before the injection and for a few minutes after.  Expect some swelling and the possibility of some bruising the day of the injection and several days after.  Good luck and enjoy your Saturday night!

Jon A. Perlman, MD

A Night Out After Lip Augmentation, Restylane or Belotero, Laser C02/Erbium Resurfacing, Microneedling, Viva/Intensif, Fraxel

Absolutely. You may still have some numbness, but that should be resolved when you plan to go out. Keep in mind there may be some swelling and/or bruising, which can last 1-2 weeks. Best, Dr. Emer

Going Out After Juvederm Lip Injections

Dear heatherfoyou:

Yes, you could go out at 6 pm but remember that your lips would be numb from the local anesthesia for a few hours after the procedure.  Please ensure that you refrain from eating or drinking items that are thermally too hot.  Best wishes.