Best pain relief after Dermal Lip fillers

What is the best pain relief for soreness due to dermal lip fillers? I am aware that certain pain killers can potentially lead to further bruising. I understand paracetamol is ok, but to me I might as well have a sugar pill. Is Tramadol ok, it isn't a blood thinner I know.

Best Pain Relief After Dermal Lip Fillers

Thank you for your excellent question.  In general, after lip augmentation with dermal fillers, icing and tylenol are recommended during the first 24 hours postprocedure.  I would suggest avoiding fish oils, aspirins and NSAIDS (Motrin, Alleve, Advil, etc.) for one week prior to your planned procedure and for the first 24 hours postprocedure, as these products can thin the blood and slightly increase your risk for bruising.  If you are having pain that is not relieved by over the counter pain medicines and icing, please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to determine the best course of action.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Pain relief from dermal fillers

Generally patients do not require prescription pain relievers after a filler treatment.  Over the counter medications such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) and icing the area are generally adequate.

Camille Cash, MD