How long after Voluma, can I exercise or dance?

I am very athletic...how long after Voluma can I use the elliptical, weight train & dance?

Voluma and Exercise

Voluma has almost no down time except for some minor swelling or bruising.  You could exercise the next day after the injections with the exception of avoiding hot yoga which might increase the swelling.  Best, Dr. Green

Resuming exercise after Voluma

Voluma treatments require very little downtime.  I would recommend waiting 24 hours before any vigorous exercise, but then you should be able to return to your normal routine.  You may notice some minor swelling or bruising near the treatment area, although many patients have none at all, but that should resolve in a week or so.

Camille Cash, MD

I always ask my patients to abstain from vigorous physical activity for a day or so after injections of fillers and botulinum toxins. 

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon

Resume Athletics After One Day

Plastic surgeons will vary on this question, but I advise our patients to delay vigorous workouts for 24 hours after injection treatments.  Patients vary as to how much they react to the injections of Voluma or other Juvederm hyaluronic products, or Botox neuromodulators.  We don't want vigorous exercise, active dance, straining, heavy lifting, etc. to increase swelling or cause small amounts of bleeding that could prolong one's recovery.  Our patients plan their regular treatments around their daily workouts with little or no interruption.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after Voluma

Hello Judy,

Thank you for posting your question. Yous should avoid exercise, hot tubs, saunas, and any other activity involving heat for 24 post dermal filler injections.Hope this helps!

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

After Voluma I allow my patients to go work out from the office...

So this is the art of medicine in my opinion. Any injectable that I do I allow my patients to be as active as they desire.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and exercise

I usually advise patient's from exercising for the first 24 hours after treatment. I also advise them not go into saunas and steam rooms for the first 24 hours as well. Applying ice gently may help with swelling although most patients do not experience much swelling in general.

Cheryl Perlis, MD, FACOG
Lake Bluff OB/GYN

Voluma and exercising

You should be fine to return to your regularly activities the next day after treatment. The swelling after the injections usually lasts between 3 to 5 days.

Good Luck!

When can I exercise after Voluma?

Hi,
We generally ask patients to limit their activity for 24 hrs.  I also ask patients to sleep flat for 48 hrs especially for cheek placement. We want to avoid any shifting of the product from pressure on the product.

Warmly,
Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Assuming no concern for bruising, I ask patients to refrain from any strenuous activity until the day after treatment.  This will prevent unnecessary swelling and redness in the treatment areas.  Hope that this helps.