How long do I have to wait between hyaluronidase sessions?

It's been 5 weeks since my voluma injections in cheeks. Since then I have been constantly sick and swollen and on steroids and antibiotics. Three separate doctors all told me to "give it more time" over the last month and nobody knows exactly what's caused the reaction - but today I'm going in to have it dissolved and I'm so excited. I know voluma is harder to dissolve so I might have to have more than one session. How long should I wait in between to let my skin recover?

Not the skin

so its not really the skin that needs to recover, its the merits of having repeat injections. Volume is cross linked so as you say is harder to dissolve. I suspect you may need 3-5 sessions to make a noticeable difference. These would probably be best left 2-4 weeks apart but could be closer if you were in a desperate rush. The enzyme actually works very quickly. 

Hope that helps

Adam Goodwin

Dissolve

Good question.

I would recommend you get treated every 2 weeks to dissolve the filler and then reassess

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician