How long do I have to wait between hyaluronidase sessions?

It's been 5 weeks since my voluma injections in cheeks. Since then I have been constantly sick and swollen and on steroids and antibiotics. Three separate doctors all told me to "give it more time" over the last month and nobody knows exactly what's caused the reaction - but today I'm going in to have it dissolved and I'm so excited. I know voluma is harder to dissolve so I might have to have more than one session. How long should I wait in between to let my skin recover?

Hyaluronidase to dissolve hyaluronic acid fillers

Sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your results. 

Hyaluronidase is a soluble protein-based enzyme solution that breaks down and helps the body reabsorb the hyaluronic acid filler that was injected into your face. It's fast and effective, you should see reduction in the area within 24-48 hours. I would recommend waiting at least two weeks, before proceeding with a secondary session of Hyaluronidase injections. It is important to choose the right cosmetic surgeon who is dedicated to the Facial Plastic Specialty in order to achieve the top results. Follow up with your performing injector for further evaluation. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hyaluronidase injections to reverse botched fillers in Los Angeles

If you are not satisfied with the reversal, I would suggest my Hidef technique which is staged over a few sessions one week apart. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Not the skin

so its not really the skin that needs to recover, its the merits of having repeat injections. Volume is cross linked so as you say is harder to dissolve. I suspect you may need 3-5 sessions to make a noticeable difference. These would probably be best left 2-4 weeks apart but could be closer if you were in a desperate rush. The enzyme actually works very quickly. 

Hope that helps

Adam Goodwin

Not the skin

Hope that helps

Adam Goodwin

Dissolve

Good question.

I would recommend you get treated every 2 weeks to dissolve the filler and then reassess

Dissolve

Good question.