Is SculpSure an option for the outer thighs (saddlebags)?

I have always carried weight in my outer thighs. Will Sculpsure work on these dense fat pads?

SculpSure can be used in any body area with an appropriate sized pocket of unwanted fat

Sculpsure laser fat reduction can be used in any area of unwanted fat, but this decision should be carefully made with an experienced physician. It is technically only FDA approved for belly and love handles, but legally doctors can apply it to other areas of the body. Discuss pros and cons of each treatment area with your SculpSure physician and understand that more than one session may be needed to achieve desired results. Good luck!

Outer Thighs

SculpSure is currently only FDA approved to treat the abdomen and flanks, but can be used to treat inner and outer thighs. Placement of the SculpSure applicators is critical when treating these areas, to create and restore natural contours.

Patricia DePoli, MD, FACS
Skokie Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure for the outer thighs.

Thank you for your question. Yes, SculpSure can treat the inner and outer thighs. Our patients have had great results with the inner and outer thigh area. Each area must have an approved amount of fat deposit which is reviewed by the doctor that you consult with. Make sure to research one that is well versed on the SculpSure procedure. Good luck!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Saddle bags... sculpture is a good choice

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Yes. Despite not being FDA approved yet, the laser targets this fat very well.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

SculpSure for lateral thighs

SculpSure, the world's first laser FDA approved for non-surgical fat reduction in the abdomen and thighs can be used as "off label" in many different areas of the body, including the outer (lateral) thighs.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure, Coolsculpting, Vanquish, Thermi

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Will Sculpsure work on saddlebags

Yes it works great on those dense pockets of fat.   It may take more than one treatment depending on your desired results.

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Perfect for SculpSure

Yes. While Coolsculpting will take 90 minutes per putter thigh. SculpSure in 25 minutes will reduce by 24% the fat in the treatment area. It's an excellent device for your concerns. 

I recently had my own love handles treated as off label use of Sculpsure.  SculpSure is currently FDA approved to treat the abdomen and flanks but can be used as off label on other parts of the body.  You should expect about a 20-25% decrease in the amount of the fat in the outer thighs.

Good luck

Saul Lahijani, MD
Los Angeles Physician

Sculpsure Saddle Bags

Thank you for your question. Sculpsure is FDA approved for abdomen and waist. However, I have treated my own saddle bags and have seen great results, 25% reduction in fat which reduction in the cellulite as well.  Make sure you goto an experienced physician for your thighs.