I don't like my temporary crowns & can't eat. How do I make sure that I get my bite right so I can eat? (Photo)

I don't like my temporary crowns and I am unable to eat. Can't chew up my food properly in order to swallow. I have discomfort and pressure in certain areas. My jaw alignment shifted a lot prior to work from missing teeth. How do I make sure the dentist gets my bite right so that i may eat and get my smile close to my original nice smile? I look like Mr. Ed.

Temporary #crown issues #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I would recommend returning to your dentist to have your bite adjusted. Informing your dentist about this issue is important so your don't have the same issue with your permanent crowns. Keep in mind that these are only temporary and your permanent crowns should provide more esthetic results than the temporaries in terms of shade, shape, and size. Be sure that you're happy with the look of your final restorations before they are permanently cemented.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions. 

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Mr. Ed temporaries

I suggest returning to your dentist and discussing your problems. Your temps do appear large and very white. Ask your dentist if these are prototypes for the final restorations. If they are share your dislike of them. Also, your bite needs to be right in the temps. Some discomfort is normal but if you are uncomfortable he/she will want to know. 

Temporary crowns

Dear goodwin16: It is a shame that a beautiful life changing event turns out disappointing and presents with problems. It is clear from the photos you provided that the temporary crowns delivered to you are much larger and longer then your original teeth. This is the reason why it is difficult for you to function. The first thing you must do is to immediately go back to your dentist and discuss these issues. This is exactly what temporary crowns are designed for. It is a way to evaluate all parameters prior to fabrication of the final work. Speak to your dentist about your concerns and your dentist should be able to address them by adjusting the temporary Restorations properly. In addition, you must make sure that the final work does not give you the same result. The body does not just adjust to it.  The  problems you are describing can result in major pain and dysfunction. Don't delay, call your dentist.