Is it possible to have a lip lift AND a upper lip reduction.

My mouth/lips rest too low on my face, and I wish to get it lifted. However, I want to get the upper lip reduced in response to the lift, as it's already thick enough to begin with that it better not get any thicker—my aesthetic preference is more in line with Asians culture who prefer thinner lips. Do lip lift and lip reduction conflict each other after all? How can my problem be approached?

Lip Lift

Thank you for your question. Decreasing the length of the philtrum (skin between your nose and your lips) while not increasing the size of your upper lip is certainly possible. I suggest that you consult with your single or double board certified facial plastic surgeon. Many offices - like ours - offer imaging technology that can isolate a single procedure's effect on a patient. It is a useful tool for patients to determine exactly what they desire and how best to achieve it.Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift and Lip Reduction

Both a lip lift and and a lip reduction can be done on the upper lip at the same time. This is not rare as some people want the vertical distance between the nose and the upper lip shortened but they don't want the upper lip any bigger as a result.

Lip lift with lip reduction at same time?

Thank you for asking about your lip lift and lip reduction.
  • Yes, these can be done together.
  • An examination is needed to be sure that doing both at the same time is right for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS