How long after brachioplasty with lipo are the stitches removed? (Photo)

I had my procedure done on May 7th and my dr has nor removed the stitches. I feel my arms tight and in some pain. Nothing horrible.

Suture Usage in Melbourne, Florida

Keep in mind that each plastic surgeon has different procedures and recommendations regarding postoperative care, so I would check in with your board-certified plastic surgeon first. If they have used dissolvable sutures, then you may not need to have any sutures removed. I hope this information is helpful to you. Best of luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Most surgeons use stitches under the skin which is how yours appears to have be done. No need for removal or if so, it can be done at any time.

Suture removal

As far as I can tell from the photograph, it seems like you may have all of your sutures under the skin, except where it exits at the end. In that case, the suture probably wouldn't be removed for a couple of weeks. This can be a nice method of reducing extra scarring with external sutures.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

How long after brachioplasty with lipo are the stitches removed?

Congratulations on having undergone the arm lifting procedure.  Different plastic surgeons will have different practices when it comes to every aspect of preoperative and postoperative care.  Best to call your plastic surgeon's office and ask the same question.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Stitches removed after brachioplasty

Stitches are usually removed 3 days to 3 weeks after surgery, depending on where they are and how quickly you heal. Your doctor may apply skin tape after the stitches are removed. Skin tape provides additional wound support. The tape can be removed in 3 to 7 days.

Orlando Llorente, MD

looking good
call your doctor's office and make sure that you have a follow up appt
i'm sure it's something simple
i usually take out skin sutures in 7 days
so go get them out
good luck

David Rosenstein, MD
Boynton Beach Plastic Surgeon