Is Volbella good for tear trough?

I have booked an appointment for tear trough filler using vobella, i am now having second thoughts re vobella, do you think i should go with a different filler?

Volbella for Tear Trough Augmentation

Hi there,

In my opinion Volbella is an excellent product choice for tear trough augmentation, and it is my product of choice for my patients.  Whilst it is still relatively new to the market, it has excellent properties - it fills the tear trough deformity well, has great flow, lasts an extended period of time compared with other products (Volbella can lat around 12 months) and looks great.  There are other options for tear trough fillers which I have also used, including Belotero Balance.  I like this product as it has good flow and aesthetic results are also excellent, but I find that the product may break down a little quicker.  The plus of Belotero is, however, that it does not have any risk of Tyndall (a blue discolouration of the skin).  However, in the hands of an experienced injector this should be a negligible risk for Volbella.  

Tear trough augmentation is an advanced procedure, so rather than getting too worried about the product to be used (there are many on the market and I have only mentioned two), I would concentrate on making sure that you have selected an adequately experienced clinician and discussed your expectations of treatment with them thoroughly.  Your clinician will be able to then select the best product for you and your situation.

Hope this helps!

MJ x

Volbella for Tear Trough Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi there,

Hope this helps!

MJ x

Vobella uses o Ella is. Dry soft and used for very superficial apliactomms

Vobella is a fairly new injectable similar to the other juvederm products.  It is very soft and used for fine line and wrinkles or lip enhancements.  It does not add a ton of volume to the lips but rather fills in the vertical lines.  I do not use vobella in the tear trough cause the skin is so thin it is too easy to create lumps if injected  superficially.  I prefer to use voluma deep on the bone to address tear troughs and have had good results.  

Volbella Fills Tear Trough, "Wakes Up" Eyes

Juvederm Volbella is an excellent choice for filling the right tear troughs, which can make your eyes look tired and dull. Volbella uses Vycross, a proprietary technology that creates less swelling and longer lasting results. Volbella is a very smooth hyaluronic-acid based filler that also contains lidocaine, which helps to numb the treated area. Results can last for up to 12 months. My product of choice for tear troughs as much as I like volbella is belotero because it also does not cause a lot of swelling but most importantly integrates well with your tissue which give a natural looking result. Please consult with your board-certified dermatologist if you have any other questions about how Volbella can give you a fresher, more alert and youthful look.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Volbella in the Tear Troughs

Volbella is a thin, soft hyaluronic acid filler, and can be an excellent option for treating in tear troughs in some patients.  That said, it's hard to say which product would be best for your tear troughs without assessing them in person.  There are a variety of hyaluronic acid fillers that can be used in this area and the exact choice of products really depends on your anatomy and your specific needs.  This is a challenging area to treat, so I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with an experienced, board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon prior to discuss the best treatment plan for you.

Faiyaaz Kalimullah, MD, FAAD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Volbella in the Tear Troughs

Faiyaaz Kalimullah, MD, FAAD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Volbella for tear trough

Ultimately the injector and the analysis of the tear trough is the most important. Volbella can be used safely and effectively in the tear trough, like many others, its more a matter of what's best for the deformity being treated and the technique--that should dictate the choice of injectable. 

Volbella for tear trough

Volbella for Tear Trough?

The tear trough is a delicate area that required advanced injection techniques. Your key decision should be choosing an experienced and expert physician injector who understands your goals. A common mistake is to overinject the area. The injector can choose the product that will best meet your goals.

Volbella for Tear Trough?

Tear Trough Injections

I agree with the other physicians that injector experience is most important when avoiding unwanted side effects or serious problems with tear trough injections. You want to find someone who knows facial anatomy, as well as someone who injects on a daily basis. I typically use Restylane as I find it to be more consistent. Any product, including Volbella can create a tyndall effect (bluish discoloration under the skin) either injecting too superficial or too much volume(which I have done to myself). Restylane was the first dermal I used for tear troughs, and when Juvederm became available in the US, I personally thought it seemed to be less forgiving if injected in the wrong area or layer/compartment. Typically all tear trough filler needs to be injected deep, however I have recently used a very small amount of Volbella to help with smoothing versus adding volume to the minimize the trough. Hope that helps!

Kim Thompson, DO
Salem Physician

Tear Trough Injections

Kim Thompson, DO
Salem Physician

In Expert Hands, Volbella May Even Out Tear Troughs

The under-eye area is very delicate, prone to damage, and contains some very important nerves. Therefore, please do not trust treatment of your tear troughs to anyone except a board-certified dermatologist who has verifiable expertise in injecting this area. Only a small amount of Volbella should be used and it must be injected quite deeply. The results can be quite good in the hands of an expert; otherwise, please do not proceed.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Volbella for Tear Trough Area

Thank you for your question in regards to Volbella. Volbella can be a wonderful product for treating the tear trough area. We use both Volbella and Voluma for tear trough correction. For very deep grooves you might need the lifting capacity of Voluma, but for less severe volume loss Volbella is wonderful. These two products tend to have the least amount of swelling compared to the other hyaluronic acid fillers available in the US, which is very desirable in this specific treatment area. To find out what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Volbella for Tear Trough Area

Excellent choice

Yes, this is a good product for tear toughs. This form of filling is for advanced injectors. The injection point needs to be down to bone, and only a tiny product is used (0.1-0.15 ml usually). I always aim for a correction of 40% 'depth'. 

If done properly, the results, though subtle are natural. Restylane is another good product. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Excellent choice

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist 
Brisbane, Australia.