Is Volbella good for tear trough?

I have booked an appointment for tear trough filler using vobella, i am now having second thoughts re vobella, do you think i should go with a different filler?

Volbella for Tear Trough?

The tear trough is a delicate area that required advanced injection techniques. Your key decision should be choosing an experienced and expert physician injector who understands your goals. A common mistake is to overinject the area. The injector can choose the product that will best meet your goals.

Vobella uses o Ella is. Dry soft and used for very superficial apliactomms

Vobella is a fairly new injectable similar to the other juvederm products.  It is very soft and used for fine line and wrinkles or lip enhancements.  It does not add a ton of volume to the lips but rather fills in the vertical lines.  I do not use vobella in the tear trough cause the skin is so thin it is too easy to create lumps if injected  superficially.  I prefer to use voluma deep on the bone to address tear troughs and have had good results.  

Tear Trough Injections

I agree with the other physicians that injector experience is most important when avoiding unwanted side effects or serious problems with tear trough injections. You want to find someone who knows facial anatomy, as well as someone who injects on a daily basis. I typically use Restylane as I find it to be more consistent. Any product, including Volbella can create a tyndall effect (bluish discoloration under the skin) either injecting too superficial or too much volume(which I have done to myself). Restylane was the first dermal I used for tear troughs, and when Juvederm became available in the US, I personally thought it seemed to be less forgiving if injected in the wrong area or layer/compartment. Typically all tear trough filler needs to be injected deep, however I have recently used a very small amount of Volbella to help with smoothing versus adding volume to the minimize the trough. Hope that helps!

Kim Thompson, DO
Salem Physician

In Expert Hands, Volbella May Even Out Tear Troughs

The under-eye area is very delicate, prone to damage, and contains some very important nerves. Therefore, please do not trust treatment of your tear troughs to anyone except a board-certified dermatologist who has verifiable expertise in injecting this area. Only a small amount of Volbella should be used and it must be injected quite deeply. The results can be quite good in the hands of an expert; otherwise, please do not proceed.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Volbella for Tear Trough Area

Thank you for your question in regards to Volbella. Volbella can be a wonderful product for treating the tear trough area. We use both Volbella and Voluma for tear trough correction. For very deep grooves you might need the lifting capacity of Voluma, but for less severe volume loss Volbella is wonderful. These two products tend to have the least amount of swelling compared to the other hyaluronic acid fillers available in the US, which is very desirable in this specific treatment area. To find out what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Volbella Fills Tear Trough, "Wakes Up" Eyes

Juvederm Volbella is an excellent choice for filling the right tear troughs, which can make your eyes look tired and dull. Volbella uses Vycross, a proprietary technology that creates less swelling and longer lasting results. Volbella is a very smooth hyaluronic-acid based filler that also contains lidocaine, which helps to numb the treated area. Results can last for up to 12 months. My product of choice for tear troughs as much as I like volbella is belotero because it also does not cause a lot of swelling but most importantly integrates well with your tissue which give a natural looking result. Please consult with your board-certified dermatologist if you have any other questions about how Volbella can give you a fresher, more alert and youthful look.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Excellent choice

Yes, this is a good product for tear toughs. This form of filling is for advanced injectors. The injection point needs to be down to bone, and only a tiny product is used (0.1-0.15 ml usually). I always aim for a correction of 40% 'depth'. 

If done properly, the results, though subtle are natural. Restylane is another good product. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Filler for teartroughs

Hello, tea rtrough injections need to be performed by a very experienced physician injector.In Canada, the only hyaluronic acid filler which is actually approved for the tear trough region is Teosyl Redensity II. I have consistently good results with this product. Other fillers certainly can be used, but I have personally found that the one I am using now looks very natural, and does not tend to swell up months from now.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Volbella for tear trough

Thanks for your question. This is a question that we get asked often by our patients. Yes, this filler can be used and has some nice results. These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced cosmetic dermatologist consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Volbella for tear trough

Many fillers can be used to correct tear trough and the key is to find a physician that is really good at it. It it much more important to find the right doctor than the right product. Volbella and Restylane Fine Lines as well as some other fillers can be used in this area provided they are injected by specialilzed physician.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon