Should the endodontist checked my bite after a root canal? How do I approach getting this fixed?

Felt a pop on tooth above RC after opening my mouth to remove the gummy stuff placed to remove the bottom crown. I said I hope that didn't move the top crown. He said "it won't." He was aware the top crown never felt right before starting. Bite is completely off. Front and left teeth barely touch or not at all. He asked if my teeth were touching together on left side. I said I'm not really sure I was too numb. Went on to next patient. Gave no RX & top tooth is very painful now.

Bite off after root canal #DrSoftTouch

It sounds like your bite is off. I would recommend following up with your dentist to have your bite evaluated. See you dentist as soon as possible to have this issue addressed. I hope this helps! Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.

Follow up with your dentist.

It sounds like the bite is off. You should be following up with your normal dentist to get a permanent filling placed anyways. Call the office and tell them what is going on. They may be able to work you in sooner. We don't want you to be in pain. Take some ibuprofen over the counter in the meantime. 

B. Curtis Neal, DDS
Lansing Dentist

Bite discrepancy

I would definitely recommend going back to your dentist to address the issue as soon as possible. A discrepancy in the bite can be the cause of the pain and if not corrected can lead to further damage. The solution could be as easy as removing and recementing the crowns and adjusting the bite.