Post op day 5. Eyes are crusty and look so much smaller (Photo)

Eyes are so much smaller and I know they are still swollen just nervous about them getting better I had upper bleph ptosis and eyebrow lift

Post op questions

From your photos I can see no hint of a problem. The swelling is to be expected and your result looks good. If you have questions you should consult with your surgeon and he or she best knows the details of your case.

Normal Postop Healing

Thank you for your question and photos.  Not to worry... You look like you are healing normally.  Swelling, crustiness and minimal eye irritation is quite normal at this stage.  Things should continue to get better over the next few weeks.  Best wishes on your recovery!

Day 5 After Blepharoplasty

I don't see any cause for alarm in the photos.  However, if you are concerned, please call your Surgeon and discuss these issues.  Remember that you trusted him/her to perform your surgery and part of surgical care is addressing postoperative concerns.  Swelling and a subsequent raising of the eyelid crease are your body's reaction to the controlled injury you have experienced.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyes smaller and swollen

I am always amazed when patients are a few days post op and they wonder about bruising and swelling.The best thing to do is sit tight and be patient.Your photos look fine.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

5 days postop blepharoplasty

At five days postop, your eyelids are healing still. Continue to follow your surgeon's postop instructions. If the issues persist, discuss with your surgeon.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

5 dyas post eye surgery

At five days post eye surgery, your eyes look like they are healing very well. Be patient with the results. Good luck.

5 days post-op

You look much better than most people for 5 days!!  Minimal swelling and no bruising.  You should do great.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Post-upper blepharoplasty

Based on the pictures you've posted, you appear to be healing well and look as good as expected at this point. I'm not sure what the source of your anxiety is but I'm sure you have a follow up with your surgeon coming very soon at which time you can ask your surgeon to address your concerns.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Winchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

Relax.    Take a deep breath.   Quit worrying.   You look great.   Everything looks perfect at this stage.    

Follow your doctor's instructions.  You will be fine 

Mark Mandell-Brown, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling takes time to go away

For any concerns with your surgery and healing process, you should touch base with your surgeon.  I want my patients to touch base with me with any concerns.  You are not going this alone- your surgeon wants to make sure you have the best result possible and be at ease at all times.  Looking at your pictures, it appears consistent with the healing process.  I tell my patients that the third day after surgery is generally the worst, and the swelling will eventually subside.  It may take several weeks for swelling to gradually diminish, but everyone heals a little differently.  By 6 weeks, most of the swelling is generally gone, but it can take longer for the rest to go away.  

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon