6 months after my chin implant and I hate it! It feels too big. Will it stay like this or not? (Photo)

its been 6 months since I got my chin implant and I hate it. I feel like its to big and makes my face look awkward. It only make me more self conscious. Will it stay at this size or will swelling still come down?

Chin implant swelling

In my opinion, the appearance should change little after 6 months have elapsed since a chin implant was inserted. From the photographs, it does not look too big. However if you think so, it can be removed or replaced by a smaller one that will not make the area beneath your lower lip from looking so recessed. Give yourself more time  to get used to your new appearance. 

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant too big

I am sorry you are unhappy with the result.
Too big an implant is very hard for a woman to live with.
Your result will not change dramatically after 6 months.
Talk to your surgeon about changing to a smaller implant - or see a different Board Certified Plastic Surgeon if you have lost faith in your current surgeon.
Your implant can be removed completely - but it can leave the chin feeling loose. Discuss pros/cons of implant exchange vs. removal with the surgeon who will operate on you. Best wishes.

Chin implant

Thank you for the photos and I agree with Dr. Yoo so be patient but from what I can see you appear to have a very pleasant result from the surgery.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

6 months after my chin implant and I hate it! It feels too big. Will it stay like this or not?

Thanks for your question. The term hate is very powerful and carries big weight! I feel. It's of the swelling is gone. It will get slightly better in the course of the next 3 months. If you are so unhappy now, I doubt that your opinion may change in the next 3 months. I would suggest speaking with your surgeon about the possibility of removing it all together or changing it for a smaller one. Don't be quick to draw the trigger. It takes time to get used to the new look. Good luck

Chin implant swelling

Chin implants and jaw surgery in general leads to significant swelling that can last for several months.  You are 6 months out now and can expect that the majority of the swelling has abated, but you may still experience about 10% reduction over the next several months.  Its not too early to at least start discussing the possibility of removing the implant an replacing it with a smaller one.  I would bring this up with your surgeon at your next follow up if it is sometime in the not too distant future.  A physical exam can sometimes determine how much residual swelling there is.  Best of luck.

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon