Is it possible to reverse infracture of the nose?

Reading my report and it says the doctor "in-fractured" my nose. I didn't consent to this. Now it looks like my eyes are too close together and my bridge is too narrow. Is there a way to reverse this? I feel this may be why my breathing has worsened also.

My Nose is Too Narrow After Rhinoplaty,, can this be Reversed.

Revision Rhinoplasty is certainly an option.  A mobilization of the nasal bones can be done but it would be hard to determine the degree of mobilization needed without the benefit of an examination or photographs.  I would suggest that you seek the advice of a board certified Plastic Surgeon because these Rhinoplasty cases can be challenging.  I hope this helps. Good Luck

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Use Of Spreader Grafts To Improve Nasal Airflow And Widen The Nasal Mid-Vault In Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery

It is quite possible that the in-fracture of your nasal bones worsened your breathing through your nose by narrowing the caliber of your nostrils.  To correct this problem, we perform a septoplasty to harvest septal cartilage, which we than fashion into spreader grafts.  These spreader grafts are placed between the upper lateral cartilages and the nasal septum to open a larger space for air flow through the nostrils. The spreader grafts will also function as a kind of internal splint when the nasal bones are out fractured to reverse the narrowing of the middle vault created by your last surgery.  It will be important to bring a copy of your operative report to the surgeon performing your revision rhinoplasty, so that he can understand exactly what maneuvers were performed in your first operation, and whether there is septal cartilage still available for harvest.

Peter Lee, MD, FACS

Reverse osteotomies and spreader grafts to widen a narrow nose

It is possible to widen a narrow nose with reverse osteotomies and spreader grafts composed of the patient's own cartilage to hold a new nasal bone position  open and wider.  Revision rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor  so choose your second surgeon very carefully based on extensive experience with the procedure.