Indent under buttock: I cannot get rid of this indent. (photo)

I workout 3-4 times a week-I am 5'8 115lbs and I cannot get rid of this indent under my one thigh. I get embarrassed to wear bikinis and shorts because it looks like cellulite. What can I do to get rid of this? Cellfina? Fillers? The rest of my thighs appear to be smooth except for this one indent--even when I wear tight pants sometimes you can see it--HELP!!

Cellfina

Cellfina can be used safely and effectively to treat this area.  If this area is the only isolated areas I would treat it under local as an isolated treatment.

Many options for you

Happy Holidays!!

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

You have two choices to correct your "divot".

Correction of this localized thigh dent is fairly straightforward. I have had success with either releasing the septal bands with Cellfina or filling the deficit with a fat graft. I would suggest you get pricing for both options as well as a clear description of the procedures. Either one should be a fairly rapid recovery with god results.

Diana L. Elias, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Banana Roll

Due to the location of this dimple, I would seek an in person consultation by a provider who is competent in Cellfina treatment.  We are cautious when treating the area under the gluteal crease, often referred to as the "banana roll" because releasing tissue there can create a pouch and actually cause the contour to worsen.  It is difficult to determine location due to the angle of your photo, but if dimples are far enough away from a banana roll we can sometimes do a partial release where only part of the fiber band is cut to release some tension and improve contour. I recommend an in person consultation and be cautious of pursuing treatment in that area. 

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Cellfina treatment

Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem.I

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Indent under the buttock

This area can be a tricky one to treat. Best advice is to obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation and discussion of treatment options including Cellfina in detail.

Paul M. Parker, MD, FACS
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite -- Vaser Smooth, ThermiRF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Subcision

Treating this with cellfina can cause the buttock to drop this is often because of loose skin that needs to be lifted or filled with volume like fat, fillers or a buttock implant.  Please see an expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Smoothing indents around buttock.

Unfortunately, this photo makes it impossible to understand whether this indentation is caused by a septa from a spot of cellulite or an indent from fat loss. Congratulations on your discipline to live a healthy life style with great nutrition and exercise. The best way for me to better understand what can be done,  is through an in depth consultation and examination. I have been doing Cellfina since January, and I have been extremely impressed with the results from releasing septa at the indentations, large and small, along the buttock and thighs. The good news is the procedure is very easy. You drive to the office, I mark the indentation, then I lay you down, I administer the local anesthesia and release the septa that is causing the indentation. Obviously, if I do not believe it can be released, I would not offer this procedure to you. Good Luck 

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Contour around buttock

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry that is so frustrating to you, and this is not an uncommon complaint from women. The area just under each buttock crease is sometimes called, "the banana roll." Cellfina is a simple procedure designed to deal w/ cellulite dimpling on the buttocks and posterior thighs, but during the studies they found that treating dimpling within the banana roll can lead to an unattractive bulging of this fat compartment. So, I would not suggest Cellfina for this site on you. Fat grafting may be a better choice for you. I'd suggest meeting w/ a trusted plastic surgeon near you. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Indent under buttock: I cannot get rid of this indent

Based on the one photo, I think that you would be an excellent candidate for Cellfina. Cellulite can be a round dimple, or it can be a more linear depression, which is what you appear to have in the photo. Good luck!

Keith Hodge, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon