I had septorhinoplasty/turbinate reduction 3 wks ago. I now sleep on my back; can I wear an eye mask to block ambient light?

Eye Mask 3 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

I don't imagine that a thin lightweight eye mask would apply enough weight or pressure to alter your nose three weeks after surgery. That said, your surgeon is the only one that knows the specific details of your operation and whether a sleep mask poses any undue risk. In these situations, it is always best to check with your surgeon. All my best.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pressure on the nose after septorhinoplasty and turbinate reduction

Typically, for my patients that have undergone septorhinoplasty, a light cloth or eye mask would not be an issue at 3 weeks after surgery.

Jay W. Granzow, MD

Eye mask after rhinoplasty

I typically advise my patients to not place anything heavy on or over the nose for the first month after rhinoplasty. A cloth eye mask is typically lightweight and should not affect the rhinoplasty result. However, I would clarify this with your rhinoplasty surgeon in the event that they think otherwise and may advise against it. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pressure on the Nose

I would ask your plastic surgeon because each physician has a different protocol and it depends on whether or not the nose was fractured.  I usually advise patient to avoid any heavy pressure on the bridge of the nose from glasses or things such as masks and goggles for the first 3-4 weeks after surgery.